5.31.2009

Happy One Year Anniversary to my Blog


June 1st of 2008 marks the first day of my "Under the Clouds" blog. Knowing that we had already secured a home in the Kirkland area and that our lives were going to change dramatically in the following year and that I might even have some friends and family that may be mildly interested in our lives, I thought I would start to blog about it all. I knew that I liked to write and that I could throw a pretty decent letter or report together so it seemed like a good fit. I now know that I love to write and that this has been the cheapest best kind of therapy I could get. I looked back over last year's posts just to re live and see where we were at this time and it seems like a million years ago. We have done so much in a year... so much has happened both good and bad to everyone in our lives as well. If you would have predicted my future or anyone else's a year ago I would have thrown that crystal ball out the window and cursed it till I was blue in the face. No way would "that" have happened or "this" could not be true. But, life has a way of living and things do happen and it all gets reflected on a year later. One year ago we were still in the High Desert of Southern California. I was still working and the girls were still in school. We were beginning to live amongst boxes (seems like a reoccurring theme with us lately) and we were having to prep ourselves for lots of goodbyes. Excited beyond belief, nervous, scared, too busy to worry about too much which was good. It will be one year ago on July 1st that we landed in Kirkland. I will save those thoughts and feelings for then. This is just to pay respect to the blog, it's about the blog, it's always been about the blog...

1 comments:

Lou Woods said...

Well I, for one, am glad you started your blog. I feel like I've gotten to know you pretty well while I could count the times we've actually been together on one hand. Your blog inspired me to do my own. And I know what you mean about therapy. It's a good place to spill and sort out thoughts,whether or not anybody else ever reads them. Sometimes, it's probably better if they didn't! ;)

Have a great week.

-Jennifer