11.13.2008

A Big Yellow Globe of Warmth


Or sunshine as it is commonly referred to. I had to go have my car's oil changed first thing this morning. Dropped off my children and headed over to the GMC Pontiac Buick dealership. They had a waiting room so I read and listened to my Ipod. It was great til a mom and her two young children came in. It wasn't that they were loud because for little kids they were in the normal decibel range, it was just that it made it hard for me to concentrate and I had all sorts of emotions. I miss my niece in a terrible way and it made me sad to think how fast my own two have grown up. Luckily, they came and got me pretty quickly after those darn kids showed up. I then went on to Trader Joe's. That for me is fabulous. It wasn't super crowded like it usually ALWAYS is so I could actually stop and look at things, read labels, wander around. Got a few things in anticipation of Thanksgiving and also general stuff that are must haves for me and the family. Bought a turkey sandwich with cranberries and pecan stuffing and had that for lunch. Quite a treat. Now that I am home alone at lunch time, I either graze on leftovers or just skip lunch all together. Went into the vitamin store and got some things, hair and nail nutrients, chamomile tea for Riley and some zinc. I am trying to help my hair and nails and also help Riley calm down before bedtime. Stopped by the library to do a return, pick up holds thing and now home. Errands are so much more fun with the glare of the sun beating off of your car and you actually really have to wear your sunglasses.
The financial planner and his mentor came over last night. It went well. We weren't as bad off as we thought, but still gotta make college and retirement the priority. So that made us feel proactive in our life decisions, if only for a few hours....So many people have it a lot worse right now so you will not hear me complain. My man has a job, I am able to get a job and that is all good plus I think kids can work at the age of 14 so Sid can start pulling her weight around here...I remember my mom taking me to get my work permit because I was only 14 or 15 and she had to drive me to work. I started working when I was 12, babysitting and haven't stopped until this past June. So Sid should take a chapter from my book. You know I am kidding of course. We went to Bellevue Square yesterday after school. Sid and her friend Rose split as soon as we walked in so it was fun for just Riley and I. We got "balanced" with our chakras at Aveda and sampled homemade soaps at "Lush" and bought some cool crap at Claire's. Sid had some birthday gift cards and money burning a hole in her Roxy bag. I also broke down and bought Riley a new winter coat. She has only had one brand new one in the last 5 or 6 years so I knew it was time. She usually ends up with Sid's hand me downs that were never in bad shape because we didn't wear winter coats for long out in Calif. She loves it and even her dad thought it was pretty cool on her.
Well, the sun is still out and I am not about to waste it sitting here on a laptop.
Smell ya later

0 comments: