11.26.2008

Happy Gratitude Day


Both of the girls had to be at school by 8:00 this morning. I got ready myself and went to Safeway after I dropped them off. I was so happy when I got to the dairy section and found that they had restocked the creamer section. Peppermint white chocolate mocha creamer. Oh happy day. Got a few more things after laying awake half the night thinking that I hadn't picked up enough fresh yams, what was I thinking? Plus I had promised my family that I would cook a small T-giving for them this weekend since we would not be the keepers of the leftovers. What is T-giving without leftovers. During my non sleeping I read an article in the Victorville Daily Press about our Brenden Foster. He is the one from Bothell, WA that passed away last Fri. and motivated so many people to think of the homeless and hungry. I was amazed and touched to see a young man from Apple Valley, CA that was inspired by Brenden's cause and is doing his part tomorrow with his family. If you live in the H.D. the story is in your Daily Press(Depress) or you can view online at http://www.vvdailypress.com/news/_9669___article.html/_.html
Makes me so glad that Riley and I went last week and made a donation, what a great thing that has touched so many.
Bob told me last night that he has Friday and Saturday off! That hasn't happened in a while. I have 8,000 plans but am sure that only one or two will come to fruition. Oh well, a girl can dream... The sun is out and shining brightly. Beautiful. I NEVER fail to recognize what a beautiful place I live in. Just driving to the school and to the store I am staring up at trees and white puffy clouds. I hope I never take it for granted. It is so awesome. The news said some rain in the morning giving away to a nice day tomorrow. It doesn't matter to those who are chained to the stove but for the kids it is a good thing. We will be minus two of our babies tomorrow, they will spend the day with their dad, but it's all good even tho they will be greatly missed. I hope that my parents and sister's family have a great day tomorrow. My sister is the freakin' rockiness cook in the whole world so no worries there. I know they probably got some excellent wine too. I think we will do pretty well in that department too. Champagne Mimosas & Hibiscus and then on to some red and beer for the men folk. It should be quite merry. I will post lots of photos which I know surprises you all.
Well the yams are in the oven, I am ready for my second cup of coffee with my new favorite creamer and will pick up my chicks by 11:15. Again, blessings to you all, much love and kisses to you too and will post again soon...

0 comments: