11.12.2008

Happy Birthday to my Niece


My favorite niece is four years old today. She is my only niece but non the less my favorite. I was there the week before she was born, keeping her mom company and keeping her from going crazy. Women tend to get a little nutty, depressed, anxious, etc. when the due date is around the corner. We had such fun, lunching, shopping, baby laundry(I love doing baby laundry) house keeping, watching T.V. together, it was great. We went to see the movie "Ray" and Sheri wasn't feeling terrific. When we got home I made her drink raspberry tea and she got on the treadmill. Raspberry tea is supposed to help induce labor and of course that is probably not true but at this point you will try anything. We had dinner and watched some T.V. Headed off to bed and would awaken the next day and get ready for her labor to be induced. About a 1/2 hour later, I have on my P.J.'s, my brother in law knocks on my door and says he thinks my sister is in labor. I trudge into her room and ask her a few key questions(I have done this twice now myself) and off to the hospital we go. About 450 hours later( I don't remember) I was watching my darling baby girl being born. It was sooooo cool to be the on looker and not the participant. She was born perfect with sooo much dark hair. I was insane with love for that baby. The hardest part was leaving, I had to get back a couple of days later to my life, kids, husband and job. We got to go back a couple of weeks later for Thanksgiving tho, that helped a sad auntie out a lot. So now she is four and adores her two cousins and is growing up so fast. My sister knows well how fast her nieces have grown up so she has been mindful of enjoying Kenzie's first years as she knows they will be gone in a flash. We sure do miss that we did not get to be there for the party but by the looks of the pictures that my dad sent, she was pretty busy with the new bike, Barbie kitchen and Hungry Hungry Hippos.
Happy Birthday big four year old- Grandpa Uncle Bob, Auntie A, Sitney and Riley love you madly.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am still grateful that you were with me for a week before Kenzie was born and was so so so sad that you had to leave. To this day I wish you were here to watch her grow. She is an amazing child. Kevin and I have been blessed with a beautiful, smart and funny child. Thanks again for all you did. It was and is still priceless