WARNING: CONTENT CONTAINS MY POLITICAL THOUGHTS- READ IF YOU WANT... 
I had hoped it was a bad dream. I was going to wake up and it had just been a dream. I switched on the news and realized much to my dismay that it had not been a dream. Damn...
Like I have said in blogs past, I have tread lightly with politics because it is in bad taste to get into heated political debates with clients. I am thankful now that I am not a work as I would not be very good company today.
Bob and I have been McCain supporters for over 8 years now so this is a blow. I am not surprised by the outcome but in an election, you never know, just look at the 2000 election.
I am going to stay away from the T.V. today. I need time to sort it all out, and I am not using my blog as my political soap box, there are plenty of others who do that just fine and I am sure they are easily found with the Google Search... I am just going to observe intently the alleged "change" that is so miraculously going to take place and see what happens.
Don't misunderstand me. When I first saw Obama on Oprah a few years ago, I really liked the man. I thought he had a great little family and that his non partisan ideas were new and fresh. It was when he made it public that he would run for President that I saw the change. I do get the significance of how historical this win for him was too and that is great. He just became like every other politician. That did nothing for me... So, I voted, I have the right to bitch, just like everyone else has for the last few years about President Bush. I do hope my complaining only lasts for a short time and the President-Elect makes good on his "Change" platform and that in a year or two when I post on my blog I will post with a good report. He is our president now and I will pray for him and his family. I am sure that Senator McCain is wanting to have a rest for a bit, as is his wife and family, he is probably glad it is over and he can be proud of himself and his campaign. I will always be grateful to him for serving our country and loving our country.
I wont comment anymore, I am done, I vented and that is good. I will enjoy the brief sunshine that peaks in and out today. I will try to not strangle my youngest daughter who has ONCE again forgotten her flute for school band. I will finish up my laundry and I will be thankful that I live in a great country that allows people the right to vote and the right to speak out.
11.05.2008
The Morning After
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(187)
-
▼
November
(30)
- Morning of News Worthy Items
- Turkey Day and Now the Madness Begins
- Happy Gratitude Day
- Turkeys and Rum Pie
- Fall Days Filled with Sunshine
- My Camera on a Sunday Photo Shoot
- Sunday Starbucks
- Nothing Much
- Yes, more plumbing issues. This required a plumber...
- Pretty in Pink Morning
- Morning Musings
- Pictures from yesterday
- Hounds of Hell
- Sunday and I Do Mean Sun.
- A Big Yellow Globe of Warmth
- Getting Caught Up
- Happy Birthday to my Niece
- Gratitude
- Rude Awakenings
- Veteran's Day
- Back ups and Clogs
- Lists
- Look What We Got For Weather Last Night
- The Morning After
- a little political fun
- Get the Vote out there
- More photos
- do do do... lookin out my back door
- I like Sunday mornings. Sometimes it is about goin...
- The Grinch Who Stole Halloween
-
▼
November
(30)
2 comments:
"CHANGE" has many meaning.....
"CHANGE" is what we will have left in our pockets........
I am giving real thought to retiring now as the entitlement checks and refunds should grow now!
Joe and I are counting on it....
No more taxes is what I was promised.....
Let's see how long that works...
Amen "papa" only we can't retire, as small biz owners, I think we and joe the P are screwed.. Hang in their my sweet niece.
Post a Comment