
List of items I am glad I have:
an umbrella
antidepressants
"C" Monster drink from Odwalla
warm jacket
List of items I need to get:
rain boots
scarf
thermal underwear
Extra Strength Tylenol Fast acting gel caps
I am going shopping soon. I have had a sore throat for two days now. I don't feel feverish or too many aches but just tired. Kinda run down.
I had my thermostat set at 60 and it has clicked on. I was downstairs on the PC and my hands started to lock up from the cold. You can't wear mittens or gloves and type on the keyboard. I was on the PC looking for cosmetology stuff. Yes, I was...
We shall see.
Bob is at work in Seattle today, he hasn't been "bumped" yet but it could happen at any time. He is supposed to run a loader today, that is either a good thing or a bad thing. If he screws it up, bad, if he shines, good. It's raining pretty heavy right now and has been all morning so don't know if they will have him operate it today or not. I woke up at 1:30 a.m. and it was raining hard.
My seriously cute Kenzie is at the zoo today in AZ. I wish I were there. Not just for the weather but to be with her and my sister. The girls and I do have airline tickets for AZ in February. That is something to look forward to. It will be NECESSARY for me to get out of this weather by then.
Let me explain my situation with the weather. I have lived in Oregon. I knew that the rain and lack of sun would make me depressed. I got the low feeling in Calif. when it was cold, cloudy and windy. I moved up here knowing this. Lots of people suffer from SAD or Seasonal Depression Disorder.
"The primary feature of seasonal affective disorder is a pattern of depressive or manic episodes that occurs with the onset of the winter months. As the days become shorter, and the weather colder, there is an increase in vegetative depressive symptoms. Individuals eat more, crave carbohydrates, sleep more, experience chronic fatigue and gain weight. In pronounced cases, significant social withdrawal occurs as well. Some have described the pattern as a hibernation during the winter months."
Now you know why I was looking at cosmetology stuff on the computer.
Anyway, knowing it is half the battle, I was mentally prepared, as I said earlier, drugs are good and so are tanning beds. I am not suffering from SAD yet but I know that it will only be a matter of time. It's okay tho, I love it up here, and this is just a small price to pay to live in this beeeeautifullll place.
Today is Thursday already. The week flew by. Sid had a friend over yesterday after school. They alternated between kicking Riley out of the family room and inviting her back. Typical older sibling younger sibling stuff. I have been there.
Gotta get back to the business at hand, hair license crap and helping Bob with his union crap. I need to embark on an administrative assistant career, sheesh...
11.06.2008
Lists
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(187)
-
▼
November
(30)
- Morning of News Worthy Items
- Turkey Day and Now the Madness Begins
- Happy Gratitude Day
- Turkeys and Rum Pie
- Fall Days Filled with Sunshine
- My Camera on a Sunday Photo Shoot
- Sunday Starbucks
- Nothing Much
- Yes, more plumbing issues. This required a plumber...
- Pretty in Pink Morning
- Morning Musings
- Pictures from yesterday
- Hounds of Hell
- Sunday and I Do Mean Sun.
- A Big Yellow Globe of Warmth
- Getting Caught Up
- Happy Birthday to my Niece
- Gratitude
- Rude Awakenings
- Veteran's Day
- Back ups and Clogs
- Lists
- Look What We Got For Weather Last Night
- The Morning After
- a little political fun
- Get the Vote out there
- More photos
- do do do... lookin out my back door
- I like Sunday mornings. Sometimes it is about goin...
- The Grinch Who Stole Halloween
-
▼
November
(30)
0 comments:
Post a Comment