11.23.2008

Sunday Starbucks


Riley got up on her own and went with me to church. Sid was supposed to go but felt sleep deprived and would have made us late. We went northwest to Kenmore, WA. VERY nice people and we even got invited to some one's house for Thanksgiving. I had told them when I introduced myself that we were new to the area. I thought that was really nice. It made me realize how grateful I am to have family up here. Looking forward to T-giving with everyone. The sun is out so Sid is getting dressed and we will go scout out some locations for the yearly Christmas card. Riley had Starbucks after church, that is your reward for getting up and going to church with your mother. I wonder if they would have had Starbucks in the 70's-80's if my parents would have gotten it for us after church. Shoot, we got a one way ticket home, changed clothes and did chores. I really did not like Sundays that much growing up. Church for a kid not so much and then thinking ALL day that you have school the next morning. Agony... Church is much better as an adult, you go because you want to. The girls have a short week and Riley is min days too. Looking forward to the turkey day and then on to Christmas... Wow...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

ARE YOU NUTS?!? Starbucks after a day of Zion Lutheran? We didnt even get Del Taco. We went home and got some nasty ass microwaved bacon sandwhich! Then, a hula hoe stuck in our hands. But, remember after doing child labor we would take my boom box and sit on the front porch wishing my antenna was HUGE so we could hear Dr. Domento! Good times.