
We are at the moment on the calendar that I have been dreading. Holiday time. I am actually really looking forward to the Christmas season in Washington. It will be so beautiful. I just hate the fact that I wont be seeing my family. I am so grateful that I have my Aunt, Uncle and cousins here though. That helps ALOT. My cousin Nik will have T-giving at her home. I am doing sweet potatoes and cranberries. I am looking over a few of my favorite recipes so that I can wow everyone at the table. The sweet potato/yam dish is often overlooked and under appreciated at Thanksgiving. It is my personal goal to put the sweet potato dish right up there with green bean casserole and stuffing. Look out. Perhaps many of you know but some probably don't, my sister is a GREAT cook and I will miss her talents this year. A long with my darling baby girl I will miss the laughter that my baby sister and I share. She does have a way of making me crack up even when I am bound and determined not too and the crabbier I am the funnier she gets.
The local news was menacing and just plain mean last night. "Downpour, rain all week, look out, take your umbrellas" was all I heard. As I gaze out my front windows I actually see sky and daylight. It's a little early for sunlight but it looks like it could happen. If it is indeed sunny today, I may get some pictures out of the deal. It's time I started thinking Christmas photo for the card. If I can get Riley to smile and get the girls to act like they like each other for a few minutes, it will be a success.
I chatted briefly with my pal Tami down in V.V. Work, tax crap was the theme but she did ask about the flooding. It was south of us about a half hour away and east of us about half and hour. Much of it was near where we went to the pumpkin patch in October near Carnation. We live up a great big hill and are pretty far from any areas that may flood, our biggest worry will be getting up and down that great big hill during the black ice epidemic that hits in the dead of winter. We will be slippin' and slidin' all over the place. So, after T-giving Bob will play Clark Griswold and put some lights up. I have heard that our neighborhood does a good job in that department. Look forward to that. Christmas light displays have always been one of my all time favorite parts of the holiday, that and drinking lots of champagne.
Off to school now for the girls, short day Wednesday. I will anxiously watch the weather outside to see if I will need my camera today. Good to chat ever so quickly to Tami and hello to all the gang at Strands. Jackie, sorry about you-know-who, she gets a little testy sometimes, even with me. Just cut her hair and send her on her way...
11.19.2008
Morning Musings
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(187)
-
▼
November
(30)
- Morning of News Worthy Items
- Turkey Day and Now the Madness Begins
- Happy Gratitude Day
- Turkeys and Rum Pie
- Fall Days Filled with Sunshine
- My Camera on a Sunday Photo Shoot
- Sunday Starbucks
- Nothing Much
- Yes, more plumbing issues. This required a plumber...
- Pretty in Pink Morning
- Morning Musings
- Pictures from yesterday
- Hounds of Hell
- Sunday and I Do Mean Sun.
- A Big Yellow Globe of Warmth
- Getting Caught Up
- Happy Birthday to my Niece
- Gratitude
- Rude Awakenings
- Veteran's Day
- Back ups and Clogs
- Lists
- Look What We Got For Weather Last Night
- The Morning After
- a little political fun
- Get the Vote out there
- More photos
- do do do... lookin out my back door
- I like Sunday mornings. Sometimes it is about goin...
- The Grinch Who Stole Halloween
-
▼
November
(30)
0 comments:
Post a Comment