11.30.2008

Morning of News Worthy Items


Sunday morning, didn't go to church. Bob is at his other job. Fog is slowly starting to burn off and no weather resource can give a definitive on what the weather is supposed to do exactly. Riley and I have been up for a while now. She is being a trooper and getting her chores done. I bought a waffle maker so when Sid finally makes an appearance we will do some homemade waffles. Bob will help me get rid of all that remains of fall inside today and prep for the THOUSANDS of green plastic containers that hold all of our Christmas decor. I have been the recipient of Christmas items for the last 25 years. I have had the most generous clients that have given me great things. I love to get everything out and put it all together. I LOATHE taking it down and putting it away. I think it is alright to announce that I will hold the Christmas gathering at our house! I am looking forward to it and have planned the menu already. I am eager to have my Washington family over here.
It's a morning for official announcements. I have officially contacted and retained the services of a company that rents cosmetology testing kits as well as a one day test training course. I will get the date for that and then proceed to securing a test date. I gotta pull the MiLady Book of Cosmetology off the book shelf and start studying for the written exam. There are two exams, written and practical. Each is given at a different location and date. While I don't really feel warm and fuzzy about building a clientele, proving my self, meeting new stylists, etc. I do look forward to getting out of the house. I gotta help support the household as well as the house in Calif. Yes, it is rented but the rent doesn't begin to cover the house payment. Ugh...
I have not spoken to my friends in Chino for a long time. It is the BUSY time for one as she is an actress/singer and does the yearly Christmas Show at a dinner theater in Claremont, CA. It is such a great show and always gets us into the holiday spirit. She is soooo talented and we love to watch her up on stage. I know this starts the wild ride of the holiday season for her and I wish her the best. My other friend is in her church's Christmas program and is a great singer as well and know that is keeping her busy a long with everything else she has to do. I love them and miss them.
I am all over the map today. I have had two cups of Starbuck's Thanksgiving Blend this morning which does nothing to help me gather my thoughts. I am gonna get the jitters soon. Okay, now the fog is rolling back in and thickening up, no wonder the weather guy couldn't get it straight. I am losing the view out the front window to a silvery gray blanket of foggy stuff. It is kinda pretty though...

0 comments: