
I like Sunday mornings. Sometimes it is about going to church. Usually it is about sleeping in, waking up to coffee, check email, read the paper, have or make breakfast, all at a leisurely pace. Not today.
If I really was being honest I would have to say it started last night. The first hit was when we decided to go downstairs and watch a movie together. I couldn't find the movie, anywhere. We rent from Netflix. I may have accidentally mailed it back thinking it was one we had already watched. I am hoping anyway. That led to the husband ranting about "all of the crap around here" and well, the rest I just tuned out. At about 9:30, Bob and I are tucked in for the night, he is sawing logs and I am reading. I smell smoke, smells like burning popcorn. Hmmm...
Go to the kitchen, lights are off, no one around, check the trash can and OH MY LORDY. A smoking, smoldering, black bag of microwave popcorn. I start coughing and worry about smoke inhalation. I yanked that trash bag out so fast and threw it outside onto the deck. I open the microwave and it looks like we are using it to fire pottery. And the smell, oh the smell. Riley comes walking
in and tells me that she burnt some microwave popcorn. I am at this point without humor and as I am cleaning the kiln, I mean microwave, I am ranting at her. She said she used the popcorn button and the number 3. I think that means it was in there for about 9 MINUTES. I cannot be sure. I asked her if she had ever made micro popcorn and she said no and I asked her why did she not get help, blah blah blah. She is now banned from cooking anything without my permission. Opened up the house even though it was a torrential downpour and colder than hell. "Febreezed" everything I could get a hold of including Bob who was still fast asleep. Everyone at Costco is probably wondering why he smells like burned popcorn and lavendar today.
Wake up this morning feeling good that it was Daylight Savings and got an extra hour. Love that. The problem is that the neighbor's gardener didn't get that memo. They started in with the horrid leaf blower at 8:00 am! It has been going constantly for an hour now. The kitchen still smells like an infernal popcorn massacre and Riley will be in her room today doing chores and homework.
The weather people have predicted that it will rain for the next 6 or 7 days. They smile and say "Well, we do live in Seattle" ha ha... funny...
Am going to scream now and then make sugar cookies. We were supposed to make them for Halloween but never got around to it so now we are making pilgrim, turkey, indian cookies. I am sure it will be amazing. I am hoping the smell of sugar cookies baking will overpower the 12 hour old stench of burned popcorn and lavendar Febreeze.
11.02.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(187)
-
▼
November
(30)
- Morning of News Worthy Items
- Turkey Day and Now the Madness Begins
- Happy Gratitude Day
- Turkeys and Rum Pie
- Fall Days Filled with Sunshine
- My Camera on a Sunday Photo Shoot
- Sunday Starbucks
- Nothing Much
- Yes, more plumbing issues. This required a plumber...
- Pretty in Pink Morning
- Morning Musings
- Pictures from yesterday
- Hounds of Hell
- Sunday and I Do Mean Sun.
- A Big Yellow Globe of Warmth
- Getting Caught Up
- Happy Birthday to my Niece
- Gratitude
- Rude Awakenings
- Veteran's Day
- Back ups and Clogs
- Lists
- Look What We Got For Weather Last Night
- The Morning After
- a little political fun
- Get the Vote out there
- More photos
- do do do... lookin out my back door
- I like Sunday mornings. Sometimes it is about goin...
- The Grinch Who Stole Halloween
-
▼
November
(30)
0 comments:
Post a Comment