
Dark and wet yesterday, dark and wet today. I have all of the lights and lamps on and all of the candles burning. It helps. Girls and I had a pretty low key day yesterday. Baked chocolate chip cookies that tasted better than they looked, did some chores, etc. They are out early today so we will head to the mall after school and Sid will have her friend in tow. Bob got home late so they did not get to go to the cemetery. I went on line to the Seattle P.I. and found some cool veteran's places that they can go to, a Veteran's Museum in Seattle not too far from where Bob works. My aunt reminded me that my uncle who lives in CA was in the 101st Airborne during Vietnam, just like Mr. Hendrix. This made me think of my family and Bob's who have served. My great aunt was a Nurse in the Army Nurse Corp. and was at Pearl Harbor when the Japanese attacked. She retired as a Major in the U.S. army and served in Korea as well. I will save her story for an entire post someday, her life was just too interesting for this small blurb. My great grandfather was sent to France during WWI and was an officer. Bob's dad was in Korea and step dad in Vietnam. His uncle was a navy SEAL during Vietnam and his cousin just finished his career in the Navy. We are so proud of him. I too, like my friend Kim reminded me in her blog, grew up in a military town. We had a major Air Force Base in Victorville. I lived among, went to school with and had family that worked at the base. When I was around 10 or so, we lived in apartments and there were lots of German pilots that lived there as well. They would come to our base to learn from our pilots. I would get one pilot's wife as a client and end up with the whole squadron as clients which was hard because you would get attached to them and then they would have to leave. It was just part of our background noise to hear jets and sonic booms all day long. I actually really missed that when the base shut down. I think that having the base there and being married to someone who was in the army has helped me become a more patriotic person. Bob has taught me HUGE amounts of things about the military and history. He has the most impressive knowledge of history that I have ever seen. I love to give him military history trivia questions because 98% of the time he is right. So thank you Kim for jogging my memory and letting me plagiarise your blog.
I must get my chores done, we have our financial planner coming over tonight, I should get all of our documents out for him but I will just get three boxes of Kleenex out instead.
11.12.2008
Getting Caught Up
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(187)
-
▼
November
(30)
- Morning of News Worthy Items
- Turkey Day and Now the Madness Begins
- Happy Gratitude Day
- Turkeys and Rum Pie
- Fall Days Filled with Sunshine
- My Camera on a Sunday Photo Shoot
- Sunday Starbucks
- Nothing Much
- Yes, more plumbing issues. This required a plumber...
- Pretty in Pink Morning
- Morning Musings
- Pictures from yesterday
- Hounds of Hell
- Sunday and I Do Mean Sun.
- A Big Yellow Globe of Warmth
- Getting Caught Up
- Happy Birthday to my Niece
- Gratitude
- Rude Awakenings
- Veteran's Day
- Back ups and Clogs
- Lists
- Look What We Got For Weather Last Night
- The Morning After
- a little political fun
- Get the Vote out there
- More photos
- do do do... lookin out my back door
- I like Sunday mornings. Sometimes it is about goin...
- The Grinch Who Stole Halloween
-
▼
November
(30)
0 comments:
Post a Comment