11.16.2008

Sunday and I Do Mean Sun.





Happy Sunday everyone. I awoke early this morning, about 5:00 a.m. I know what some of you are thinking. I am NOT a morning person. Let me explain. When I went to the vitamin store the other day, I found some supplements and some tea for Riley. She gets really anxious at night and has a hard time going to bed. We have tried everything. Leave a light on, nightlights, leave a t.v. on, watch a D.V.D. in bed till you fall asleep, sleep in our room, sleep in our bed, on and on it goes. So she has been taking her supplements for a few days and drinking her tea. It seems to help except that she had a nightmare the first night. Bob thought that was funny, not that his baby had a nightmare but that my plan backfired. So last night I decided to try one of her pills. It knocked me out in about 30 minutes. So fell asleep at about 5:30 p.m. and pretty much slept the night through. So there I was refreshed and wide awake at 5:00 a.m.
I had already told the girls yesterday that we were going to church. A new church, a Lutheran church(hence the graphic of Luther's seal on today's post). We made it to Bellevue by 8:30 and were only a minute or two late because I got a tiny bit lost. I don't know what it is about me getting lost on the way to church but I was bound and determined to make it. It was a lovely church, lots of stained glass and dark wood. I made sure it was a traditional service and I was glad that I did. It followed the traditional service closer than I have been to in a long time. The girls actually liked it too and that made me happy. We left and went to Renton. I had remembered a Mexican drive thru that Bob had first spotted last year. They didn't open for another 1/2 hour so we went to the "Big Lots" across the way. I love me some "Big Lots". We found some cool stuff and then over to burrito "heaven" for us. I had promised Riley a Betta or Siamese Fighting Fish if she could stay on task at home and at school and watch her grades and the cleanliness of her room. She has been doing pretty good and I didn't want to make her wait too long or she would loose faith. We shot over to Petco and got her a Betta. Sid went ahead and got one too since she has gotten a good report card. They are in a double Betta "keeper" so they can look at each other and puff up and turn colors.

Riley's looks just like this picture. His name is "Buddy" and Sid's is "George". This will be our 6th or 7th go around with Bettas, so we are old pros.

The Mexican food was great, finally something close to what we were used to down south. It's still not "Casa Delicious" or "Los Robertos" or "Albertos" but it will certainly do.
We are home now, Bob is home from Costco and is studying for a RR safety test and Sid has homework. Riley is down the street playing with her "homies" like she has been all weekend. We have hardly seen her. Quite foggy this morning but burned off to bright sunshine. Looks like it may cloud up again tho.
Tomorrow starts yet another week, school, band, volleyball, homework, cleaning, cooking, groceries, errands, the usual fun stuff.

0 comments: