
Sid is trying out for the bowling team at school. From what I can gather, it was the nerd sport for years. A few of the "cool" kids started joining and were really good, thus making it a popular thing to do. She and her friend are going out for it together. They went and practiced yesterday. Sid came home kinda bummed out that she didn't do as well as she had hoped. She asked if we could go again and practice some more. Riley and I are so supportive so we went with her today. We signed up for two games and I showed Sid some things that I remembered from bowling years ago. There were a few really good bowlers so we watched them too. She started out with a pretty low score but got better as time went on. She takes advice and direction well. I actually did okay, considering... I fell last week. I fell hard on my right side. I was in some really slippery mud on an incline and wearing the WRONG shoes. I almost went down about four times and finally I went DOWN. Other than being completely pissed about all the mud on me and my clothes, I was just mortified. I really didn't think that I hurt anything at all... til the next day. My right arm is sore, getting better, ribs are sore, right hip sore. I was feeling better til the bowling. You could tell by my declining amount of strikes and spares (ha ha) that my arm was starting to hurt and I began to favor it. I ended up giving Sid my turns. She needed the practice and I could watch her and give her some pointers. Riley did really well after some help. She beat Sid in the first game. She ended up giving Sid her turns as well on the second game. Once she starts feeling hungry, she tends to get clingy, cranky and unfocused. We exited the bowling alley and of course it was raining.
Ran to the grocery store to buy supplies for Riley and home. Bob built a nice roaring fire for us. It was a really cold day today.
I hope she makes the team, it was fun. When my arm starts to feel better, I will bowl some more with the girls.
Tomorrow begins a new week. The last of October. Halloween is this week. There have been rumors and mentions of plans from both children but we will see how it all pans out. November and time change will be here soon.
10.25.2009
Bowling
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(279)
-
▼
October
(28)
- A Tree Falls in Kirkland
- Just Thursday
- Its Wednesday All Ready
- Bowling
- While I in no way profess to be a great chef of Me...
- No title
- Calm Before the Storm
- The view from my living room window... It's like a...
- The Little Girl
- Football and Dances
- No title
- A New Look
- A Season That I Love
- Eyes Open
- Raining Cats & Dogs
- Good Day
- Flame
- Who Knew?
- Natalie comes home today
- Crab Apples
- It is a Friday
- That Face...
- The Big One Five
- I Play a Doctor on T.V.
- Hormones, Sore Throats and Homework
- Homecoming Pictures
- Getting it all together
- Homework Hangover
-
▼
October
(28)
0 comments:
Post a Comment