10.04.2009

Hormones, Sore Throats and Homework


Sunny, blustery day. Sid has gone back to bed. She has been fighting the sore throat thing for the last few days. She was just doing what she could to make it through her big weekend. Lucky for me, my lovely sore throat has taken leave.
I have on the pathetic football game, it is blaring in the background. After the high school football game loss on Friday, I am not in the mood for the Seahawks today.
I made some breakfast, did some picking up of clutter, cleaned up the kitchen and now ready to tackle some homework assistance for Riley. She is eating very sloooow as she knows that as soon as she has the last bite of eggs and sausage, the fun of math, spanish and science begins. She also has art this year and in most cases that is your easy fun class. Not at Riley's school. It is hard. She actually has tests and difficult assignments in that art class. We will be studying for an art quiz as well.
Bob is of course at work. He will be home mid afternoon and is putting a new battery in my car. It is to the point where if I play the radio(satellite)and plug in my phone charger while the car is not running, I will have a dead battery. I think having it die at last week's football game was the last straw and he finally broke down and got me a battery. When a large part of your day is spent running around taking kids everywhere, waiting for kids, etc. you need to be able to use your devices that rely on your car's battery.
I am feeling hormonal today. Probably for good reason and add the fact that that I have been fighting off a cold, fed six high school kids dinner, dropped off and picked them up from the dance, let them come back to our house after the dance, kept the house clean, blah blah blah... I think it's time for nap. Oh wait, can't do that, I have homework, I mean that Riley has homework, no it was more accurate the first time....

0 comments: