
You know there are just certain faces that when you see them you just want to kiss on them and squeeze them? Well, one of those faces is my cousin Natalie's. She just has that smile and those eyes that pull you in. I find myself with no pride, no boundaries, no dignity when I am with her. All I wanna do is make her laugh. She has the most infectious giggle. To make a seven year old giggle is an amazing feat in itself. Nat can't tell me outright what it is that she loves, what I can do to make her happy, but I sure do like trying.
Today she is undergoing a surgical procedure. I know that while she is in surgery, she will be cradled in God's loving arms. I know that he will continue to watch over this sweet baby girl but we all pray that her pain is manageable and that she can get through her recovery swiftly. It's not just Natalie that I feel the prayers are necessary, it's for all of the loved ones surrounding her as well. Her mom has many struggles to endure, her grandparents are there to help at any given moment as is her aunt, uncle and cousins. I hope in some way that she knows that any one of us would drop everything and run to her aid. Lord, please give us all strength, wisdom and the gift of trust. We are just the humans and we need to remember who is in charge and who will watch over this precious child.
Natalie is our inspiration and a teacher. My family has learned so much from her. It is for about seventeen more posts to explain what lessons we have been taught but lets just hit some highlights. Compassion, patience, generosity, optimism and about fifty thousand more valuable lessons.
So little people magnet, popular gir,l get in there, get this over with and get on with the busy life you live. Your eye gaze computer will be waiting for you to chat with, your mom will be waiting to chat with you, your little brother needs to have you watch movies with him, your grandpa and grammie need to walk, swim, shop and play Barbies with you, your cousins need to do girlie girl things with you. Just know there are lots of purple and pink dresses out there and don't forget our little deal too. You promised you wouldn't let on to your mom about it so I am holding you to it Miss Nat!
10.08.2009
That Face...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(279)
-
▼
October
(28)
- A Tree Falls in Kirkland
- Just Thursday
- Its Wednesday All Ready
- Bowling
- While I in no way profess to be a great chef of Me...
- No title
- Calm Before the Storm
- The view from my living room window... It's like a...
- The Little Girl
- Football and Dances
- No title
- A New Look
- A Season That I Love
- Eyes Open
- Raining Cats & Dogs
- Good Day
- Flame
- Who Knew?
- Natalie comes home today
- Crab Apples
- It is a Friday
- That Face...
- The Big One Five
- I Play a Doctor on T.V.
- Hormones, Sore Throats and Homework
- Homecoming Pictures
- Getting it all together
- Homework Hangover
-
▼
October
(28)
0 comments:
Post a Comment