It started out kinda dark this morning but I am seeing glimmers of light peeking through the trees out in the back toward the lake. As fall progresses, the view of the lake gets better and better. It is supposed to rain tomorrow night which happens to be Friday and the football game. I am not prepared to go. I am going to take Riley to her dance and then pick her up when it is over. It is the school's Halloween dance. She will re create her costume from last year. She was a hippy last year and this year she will be a fan of Woodstock. There's a BIG difference.
Bob is prepared to go to the game to support the daughter. Sid and I are very proud of Bob and his football education. He has embraced the game as much is possible for him and Sid appreciates it. Sometimes his football theories tend to mimic a war strategy used by General George Patton but we forgive him. He doesn't get that Patton didn't use the fake pass but it's okay for the QB to use the fake pass. We are carefully trying to help him extract his Battleship game from the rules and strategies of football.
So, it will be a Friday nite spent in the comfort of my own house, warm and dry....unless Sid text messages me and tells me to high tail it on over to the game. She can only do so if it is truly a good game. We are supposed to beat this team by a fairly large margin so it wasn't on my list of great games but now word is that we are more evenly matched that previously thought. So I will prepare to go at a moment's notice.
10.22.2009
Football and Dances
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(279)
-
▼
October
(28)
- A Tree Falls in Kirkland
- Just Thursday
- Its Wednesday All Ready
- Bowling
- While I in no way profess to be a great chef of Me...
- No title
- Calm Before the Storm
- The view from my living room window... It's like a...
- The Little Girl
- Football and Dances
- No title
- A New Look
- A Season That I Love
- Eyes Open
- Raining Cats & Dogs
- Good Day
- Flame
- Who Knew?
- Natalie comes home today
- Crab Apples
- It is a Friday
- That Face...
- The Big One Five
- I Play a Doctor on T.V.
- Hormones, Sore Throats and Homework
- Homecoming Pictures
- Getting it all together
- Homework Hangover
-
▼
October
(28)
0 comments:
Post a Comment