10.20.2009

A New Look


I have several blogs that I follow. I like the designs they have. One in particular is very simple and plain. White on white. While I couldn't go that extreme, I did simplify. I love to add pictures with my posts and feel that they are an important component to my post and add a little "somethin' somethin'".
I didn't want a busy background taking away from the real meat and potatoes of the blog. I will probably shock you all in few months with some Clark Griswold, over the top Christmas, music, slideshow and flashy type blog. I am fickle and have ADD when it comes to this. So lets suffice to say, I am in the simple mood right now.
Riley is off to her second day of community work. She came home absolutely wiped out, scratches and abrasions on her hands. She had to cut back and manage lots of blackberry vines which are VERY thorny. Glad she had her work gloves. She raked leaves like a mad woman as well. These are great skills to have at our house. We have tons of blackberry invasion issues and tons of leaves. I am going to stop harping on the math and academic skills and embrace the yard maintenance skill builders.
Fog was holding back around the lake and now is creeping in to our yard. You can actually feel the chill as it envelopes the house. Very cool and creepy in a good way.
Sid had to go for a little emergency orthodontist wire thing yesterday. She didn't take too long and came out with a balloon and gift card for her b-day. We were going to pick up three office chairs from Craigs List and had some time to kill. Of course there are plenty of coffee places to hang out in and that is just what we did. Always fun to hang out for an unexpected hour or two with my girls just one on one.
I better wrap this up, the spoiled mess of a cat that thinks he is my child is chewing on the balloon string from Sid's bday gift. I don't know how he gets into such situations....

0 comments: