
Got word this morning that Nat will come home today for sure. Sid and I had gone over the the hospital yesterday to visit. It was looking as though she would be released today but you just never know for sure. A lot of that decision was based on her ability to handle the pain and how to administer the pain meds plus a few other things that needed to be considered. I truly believe the hard part starts when you get home. Having had two children, surgeries, hospital stays, etc. I know this to be true. I know the good parts of going home are this. Sleeping in your own bed and getting a shower. Two major factors. I know that my cousin has a lot to deal with normally. Natalie's situation is difficult on a good day. It is beyond anyone's imagination to comprehend. Caring for a seven year old with the needs of an infant is more than I could possibly share with you. Add on to that two full length leg casts. It changes the whole dynamic. I know that it would be alot to handle with a full time partner/husband but imagine doing most of it alone. My cousin has the benefit of parents that are there for her and that is the best thing of all. She can't rely on an ex to be there, his agenda seems to differ greatly from that of his daughter's or ex wife's.
Oh well, me being me, I could analyze this for days. I am just happy that progress is being made in Natalie's day today and know that she will love being in her own home, with things familiar and all of our crazy faces staring at her, being stupid just to make her laugh and that is all good....
10.11.2009
Natalie comes home today
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(279)
-
▼
October
(28)
- A Tree Falls in Kirkland
- Just Thursday
- Its Wednesday All Ready
- Bowling
- While I in no way profess to be a great chef of Me...
- No title
- Calm Before the Storm
- The view from my living room window... It's like a...
- The Little Girl
- Football and Dances
- No title
- A New Look
- A Season That I Love
- Eyes Open
- Raining Cats & Dogs
- Good Day
- Flame
- Who Knew?
- Natalie comes home today
- Crab Apples
- It is a Friday
- That Face...
- The Big One Five
- I Play a Doctor on T.V.
- Hormones, Sore Throats and Homework
- Homecoming Pictures
- Getting it all together
- Homework Hangover
-
▼
October
(28)
0 comments:
Post a Comment