
While I in no way profess to be a great chef of Mexican cuisine, I can handle most of the simple stuff pretty well. You can't be born and bred in Southern California and not be able to at least make a good taco. I do make a great taco, having learned from my mom. I make good re fried beans from scratch and some darn tasty chicken enchiladas. I do have a larger portfolio of Mexican cuisine but the above mentioned are my staples. Today I started a batch of chicken enchiladas. Nothing fancy but they are good and even better tomorrow. I did my beans and some rice too. My house smells pretty good right now. My sister? Now there is a GREAT Mexican chef right there. She has been busy the last few days with my mom and mom's friend, making homemade tamales. We will be feasting on those babies at Christmas. That has become an adopted tradition as well. Seattle is not the mecca for the Mexican cuisine. No great markets, no great restaurants. Good but not great. It is hard to compare to So Cal. We had a market in Cal. that made tortillas, tortilla chips, ceveche, guacamole, four kinds of salsa and much more all from scratch, fresh. I would run over there and get what I wanted anytime. I miss that ALOT.
10.24.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(279)
-
▼
October
(28)
- A Tree Falls in Kirkland
- Just Thursday
- Its Wednesday All Ready
- Bowling
- While I in no way profess to be a great chef of Me...
- No title
- Calm Before the Storm
- The view from my living room window... It's like a...
- The Little Girl
- Football and Dances
- No title
- A New Look
- A Season That I Love
- Eyes Open
- Raining Cats & Dogs
- Good Day
- Flame
- Who Knew?
- Natalie comes home today
- Crab Apples
- It is a Friday
- That Face...
- The Big One Five
- I Play a Doctor on T.V.
- Hormones, Sore Throats and Homework
- Homecoming Pictures
- Getting it all together
- Homework Hangover
-
▼
October
(28)
0 comments:
Post a Comment