10.16.2009

Raining Cats & Dogs


I never really understood the saying til I moved to the great Northwest. It's great when you are inside.
Tonight was our first football game in which it was a downpour the entire time. We were playing a tough school. When the opposing team scored thirty points in the first quarter, I knew it was a lost cause. I also happened to be fairly soaked. My rain jacket is okay for a little rain, but not for the downpour rain deluge. Bob had brought along a trash bag for our blanket that we use to sit on the bleachers. He ended up putting the trash bag on me. Head opening only, no arm holes. Sid said that I looked like an embryo. I finally got fed up and went to the car. Riley joined me about 15 minutes later. I played games on my Blackberry and she played games on her Nintendo. Bob stayed for his oldest daughter, toughing it out. It was the other team's homecoming game tonight. They had golf carts carrying around the royalty and lots of floats. I don't think that it would be too fun to parade around on your float, in your dress and tiara in this lovely rain.
I have had better times. We are home, warm and dry now.

0 comments: