10.06.2009

I Play a Doctor on T.V.


Dinner just came out of the oven. The girls and I are gingerly eating. With our stomachs being weird we are being careful with our eating. I have been the "Nurse Nancy" in our medical facility... I mean house. Sid has been home for two days and Riley home for one. I went to the grocery store for supplies. Good old Gatorade and chicken noodle soup. I was also told that Chicken McNuggets sounded good to the sickly patients. Seriously, I am relieved it is not any type of pork, ham or swine flu. Hopefully one of the patients will be well enough to enjoy her birthday dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. That is per her request and one that I am happy to oblige.


I may or may not blog about Sid and her birthday. I outdid myself last year and don't think I could do any better. I may be too emotionally unstable to do a good tribute anyway. I mean the child is 15 for goodness sake, am I supposed to be happy about that??? It ain't gonna happen.
My sweet cousin Natalie is having surgery on Thursday. It will be a challenge and a struggle for all involved. Not a day goes by that I don't think about what Natalie is going through. Not just her but the people around her. Her mom especially. This surgery's long term goal is to help Natalie. It will just be getting there that will be the struggle. I am hoping to go to the hospital to spend some time with my family. You know me, the cheerleader, Mary frickin' sunshine.

0 comments: