
Very gray this morning but not cold or windy, I love it like this. Going to Costco today, maybe I will see that cute guy that works there. He is in the maintenance dept. so you don't see him out on the floor a lot but I catch a glimpse of him every once in a while. I have a huge crush on him. My fantasy about him is all good until he and I actually speak and he asks me if I bought beer and cat litter... oh well a girl can dream. I did hear that he will only be there two more days and that he got a new job. Now I will never see him!
Sid and I decided on a Mexican food menu for her lake house b-day bash. No margaritas for the 14 year old tho. I am going to Costco to get the goods and order a cake. That handsome maintenance guy said he would pick it up for me on Sat. after he finishes work. Hopefully he isn't like Don Draper on Mad Men and forgets to bring the cake home.
Riley had a very rough night last evening. A good friend of hers from So Cal called to let her know that another friend of theirs lost her home in a fire. Riley said that last year she always helped her friend with her homework, etc. because her mom and dad weren't together and often this girl didn't have the resources for getting her work done. Riley helped her out quite a bit. She feels terrible now that she can't help her when she thinks she would really need it. She emailed one of her old teachers and that helped to make her feel a bit better. Big sister even let her sleep with her last night. See, they really do love one another.
She seems much better this morning she has been standing in front of the bathroom mirror, straightening her hair with the flat iron for 30 minutes. I can hear the hairspray can, clack clack of the flat iron, hairspray, clack clack. Nothing like the regime of beauty to take your mind off of your troubles. She has changed her clothes THREE times already this morning. She is the true "celebutante" of this family. AND she is only in 5th grade. I expect her to request a trip to MAC soon for makeup! It's interesting that she can go from glam girl to tomboy with 5 inches of mud on the back of her jeans in two seconds flat. Versatile, that's what I am calling it.
SO, an episode of homesickness from the baby girl last night, which made Sid and I confess our homesickness too. Luckily that guy that I brought home from Costco was sound asleep or we would have gotten a well meaning lecture on how good we have it here. He is right but sometimes you just don't want that reality talk invited in to the pity party.
So, makeup done, hair done, low cut top, jeans, etc. (it's me I am talking about, not Riley) and I am off to Costco to shop for food, drink and that man of mine.
10.02.2008
Homesick and Being Almost Eleven
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(187)
-
▼
October
(34)
- Candy, Rain, Cold, Fun
- Tomorrow is Halloween
- Wandering Through the Corn Maze of My Brain
- No title
- Lake Washington this Morning
- Just One More Thing
- Weekend Things
- Bloggin' for a Friday
- Just Add Water
- Quiet Time
- Technology... Friend or Foe
- Stop your Bloggin and Go to Bed
- Pics from the Pumpkin Patch
- Sunday Sunday... dah dah dah
- A Couple More Snaps
- Da Hood
- Girl Time
- How Cute She Is
- Familia
- Good Evening
- Scattered and Random
- I been working on the railroad...
- No title
- blahsville
- Birthday Party
- Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you...
- A Scary Attempt at Being Different
- Monday is the "get your junk done day"
- The Hundred Acre Wood
- Badminton video ll
- So Much to Post- So Little Time
- Homesick and Being Almost Eleven
- Slideshow Pictures Around Our Neighborhood
- I Dig the Facebook Thing
-
▼
October
(34)
0 comments:
Post a Comment