I went shopping and visiting my cousin and Sid went with me. Bob had errands to run and Riley went with him. Riley helped her dad unload firewood and move it to the backyard. Bob built this great firewood rack for the downstairs patio that will keep the wood off the wet ground and it's covered to stay dry. He is so talented.
Riley planned out her own costume for the halloween party then the boy having the party said that they weren't wearing costumes because they didn't want to ruin them while carving pumpkins. Riley decided to wear hers anyway. We were very proud of her. She didn't care that she was the only one in costume and loved wearing it. I may not have had that kind of guts when I was her age. She had a great time and came home with a bag of candy. We let her take her cool pink camera and she took some great photos of her friend's dog. The dog wasn't even dressed up for Halloween. I guess you can't judge the photographer's choice in subjects...
While she was partying it up, Sid and I did cupcakes. You can see for yourself how well they turned out. I burned my hand and melted a plastic bowl all over the stove but other than that they turned out great.
When Riley got home we watched "Sleepy Hollow" with Johnny Depp. I love him. Riley slept with her light on. We are such good parents.
Had the BEST chat with a good friend this morning. Hopefully I made her drive to Champagne, IL much more exciting. She is so much fun to talk to and I love her to pieces. We have known each other since 9th grade, wow... I know she tries to read my posts when she actually has the internet up and running, so a shout out to her and I wish her nothing but luck and lots of love for her and her cute brood.
Sid is busy trying to thaw out a frozen mouse to feed her snake. The problem is trying to keep my very spoiled cat away from the mouse. He steals them all of the time. So far we haven't lost a mouse yet. You would be surprised how expensive a six pack of frozen mice is.
Bob is home from his Sunday job. He got his evaluation and of course it was full of wonderful adjectives. He asked for a photocopy of it so he could show his daughters. He wanted to prove to them that he isn't the big goober, nerd, out of touch, old man that they so often claim him to be. It's hard to be the hero in your children's eyes sometimes.
Tomorrow begins a new week of school, work, etc. Bob will stay in Seattle tomorrow so that means he will be home tomorrow night. The rest of the week he will probably be up north so he wont be home.
Uh oh, I better go, I just saw the cat run by with something in his mouth and a 14 year old girl yelling and running after him... Lordy....
Peace out everyone...
10.26.2008
Weekend Things
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(187)
-
▼
October
(34)
- Candy, Rain, Cold, Fun
- Tomorrow is Halloween
- Wandering Through the Corn Maze of My Brain
- No title
- Lake Washington this Morning
- Just One More Thing
- Weekend Things
- Bloggin' for a Friday
- Just Add Water
- Quiet Time
- Technology... Friend or Foe
- Stop your Bloggin and Go to Bed
- Pics from the Pumpkin Patch
- Sunday Sunday... dah dah dah
- A Couple More Snaps
- Da Hood
- Girl Time
- How Cute She Is
- Familia
- Good Evening
- Scattered and Random
- I been working on the railroad...
- No title
- blahsville
- Birthday Party
- Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you...
- A Scary Attempt at Being Different
- Monday is the "get your junk done day"
- The Hundred Acre Wood
- Badminton video ll
- So Much to Post- So Little Time
- Homesick and Being Almost Eleven
- Slideshow Pictures Around Our Neighborhood
- I Dig the Facebook Thing
-
▼
October
(34)
0 comments:
Post a Comment