I know, I know, it's "Monday, Monday" by the Mamas and the Papas. It is Sunday and I couldn't shake it out of my brain for the post title...
Just finished helping Riley make a late breakfast. Probably closer to brunch. She is a great helper. They are both going to be great cooks. I put on a pot of chicken to boil for chicken noodle soup. Perfect weather for it. The picture above was taken yesterday. The girls and I were coming home from the pumpkin patch in Redmond/Carnation. East of here about 30 minutes or so. The whole drive there and home was stunning. I was afraid I was going to wreck the car because I could not quit looking at the scenery around me. The P-patch was fun. The little kids had a blast. My kids being older had fun too. They both rode rides with the kids and then after lunch we went on our own to the corn maze and pumpkin field. We didn't get too lost in the corn maze, it was only 7 acres. Only... So we have three pumpkins just sitting outside on the front porch waiting to be cut into. Right now they are keeping the purple and gold mums company, looking pretty and fall like.
As I post this today, I am being serenaded by the sound of Bob's chainsaw. It was a regular thing every weekend in So. Cal. We used firewood like crazy. So to hear it start up today was kind of a nice familiar sound. I am sure the neighbors aren't as fond of it as I am. It'll wear on my nerves soon too.
Sid is working on her Power Point presentation for homework and Riley is giving my cat a bath. According to her, "he stinks". Now he will smell like cucumber melon for a day. They left the breakfast dishes for me to do, so thoughtful.
I will tidy up and continue with my Sunday chores. I have the stereo blaring with Eric, Elton, Queen, and more 70's hits. Love that satellite radio.
Bob leaves early tomorrow morning for work. Sid's final tournament is this week and I am going to the beauty school too. Will be a busy week but don't worry everyone, I wont let my posts get too behind, it is therapy for me. I need to go out and get a life so I can write about it and add my jaded, prejudiced outlook to all things.
Have a great Sunday, don't think about Monday too much, it'll show up whether you want it to or not.
10.19.2008
Sunday Sunday... dah dah dah
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(187)
-
▼
October
(34)
- Candy, Rain, Cold, Fun
- Tomorrow is Halloween
- Wandering Through the Corn Maze of My Brain
- No title
- Lake Washington this Morning
- Just One More Thing
- Weekend Things
- Bloggin' for a Friday
- Just Add Water
- Quiet Time
- Technology... Friend or Foe
- Stop your Bloggin and Go to Bed
- Pics from the Pumpkin Patch
- Sunday Sunday... dah dah dah
- A Couple More Snaps
- Da Hood
- Girl Time
- How Cute She Is
- Familia
- Good Evening
- Scattered and Random
- I been working on the railroad...
- No title
- blahsville
- Birthday Party
- Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you...
- A Scary Attempt at Being Different
- Monday is the "get your junk done day"
- The Hundred Acre Wood
- Badminton video ll
- So Much to Post- So Little Time
- Homesick and Being Almost Eleven
- Slideshow Pictures Around Our Neighborhood
- I Dig the Facebook Thing
-
▼
October
(34)
0 comments:
Post a Comment