
Today Riley has her Harvest Festival. A costume parade, pumpkin carving and party. Quite the day! I had volunteered but never heard back from the room mom. I will show up anyway. After all, I did get my background check and was cleared by the district. So as I type, Riley is once again preparing herself to be the best of the 60's. I think that by tomorrow night she will have it down to a fine art.
I dropped Sid off at a friend's house this morning so that she could walk to school with a gang of girls. Her friend lives half way between us and the school. She asked me if I was going to follow her like I did Riley. I told her yes. I didn't but don't think it did not cross my mind. She did promise to text me when she got to school though. I guess I gotta take what she will give.
The library was closed when I went the other day so will try again. Two books on hold and two books to return. I have been in a bad habit of starting the book in the early evening after dinner and staying awake until I finish it. I have done that like three times. Granted, they are not long, thousand page literary epics, but still...
The girls are off tomorrow. Teacher "in service" day or something like that. I am taking the girls with me over to my aunt's house. She had stuff shipped from California up here. By stuff I mean "treasures" from my grandparents house, and things that my parents got us while in Europe. My aunt will have baby Kate while we are there and that will be fun if she is awake and agreeable to me tickling her and making her do that baby laugh that is like a habitual drug. So dang cute.
When I picked Sid up from school yesterday, she had her friend with her. They talked me into taking them to the Halloween Superstore to look for costumes. Sid had it in her mind to be a female pirate or a witch. We found an adorable pirate costume for her, hat and sword. Of course I will post those pictures. It wasn't easy to find costumes for 14 year old girls. The only range from slut to juvenile. So you can only be a pirate floozy wench or a Spongebob Square Pants pirate. Lucky for her we found an appropriate one and it is borderline at that. Her friend did not fare as well. She went home a got creative I guess. Sid and Ri's big plans are to Trick or Treat in our neighborhood. Bob will accompany them and I will hand out candy. This is great for us because we haven't had a real neighborhood since we lived in Chino. Fun! Reminds me of when I was a kid and we trick or treated the hell out of our neighborhood! Bob says that Sid has to Trick or Treat so he can get candy in return for all of the money I spent on her pirate costume.
10.30.2008
Tomorrow is Halloween
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(187)
-
▼
October
(34)
- Candy, Rain, Cold, Fun
- Tomorrow is Halloween
- Wandering Through the Corn Maze of My Brain
- No title
- Lake Washington this Morning
- Just One More Thing
- Weekend Things
- Bloggin' for a Friday
- Just Add Water
- Quiet Time
- Technology... Friend or Foe
- Stop your Bloggin and Go to Bed
- Pics from the Pumpkin Patch
- Sunday Sunday... dah dah dah
- A Couple More Snaps
- Da Hood
- Girl Time
- How Cute She Is
- Familia
- Good Evening
- Scattered and Random
- I been working on the railroad...
- No title
- blahsville
- Birthday Party
- Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you...
- A Scary Attempt at Being Different
- Monday is the "get your junk done day"
- The Hundred Acre Wood
- Badminton video ll
- So Much to Post- So Little Time
- Homesick and Being Almost Eleven
- Slideshow Pictures Around Our Neighborhood
- I Dig the Facebook Thing
-
▼
October
(34)
0 comments:
Post a Comment