
Yes, I did post already today. I am needing to release right now. Not an angry release, just a "spilling forth".
Met with Riley's teacher as I said earlier. It was enlightening to say the least. We have been dealing with some issues for a long time now and I think it has all come to a head. Her teacher is great and is going to help us through some of Riley's learning obstacles. It is something we will pursue and it is fixable.
Sid has had an admirer. He has called and expressed interest in her. He has some drama in his school life and seems to have an interest in a lot of girls. Not Sid's cup of tea. She plans on telling him this. I admire that girl. She can hold her own.
Riley would like a Betta. Or Siamese Fighting fish. We have had lots of these thru the years. They are sturdy and live a long while. This will be her "reward" for good school work and good room organization. We have had two aquariums in the last 10 years. Both freshwater. We started small and then went to an 85 gallon. That big one was easy but when you had to do cleaning, etc. it was a pain just because of the size. We got rid of the big one before we moved. We were buying frozen mice the other day and looked at aquariums and fish. Kind of got the bug again. Something small, fun, relaxing.
Bob came home tonight, we were glad. He will be home for the next three nights now. He will work on firewood so we can have a practice fire in the stove downstairs. That will be great, it is sooo cold down there! Kinda basement like and it is our family room with the big t.v. so not pleasant when you have to wear your parka while you watch television. Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Lots of things this week but still not that eventful. I am glad. No matter what you think, I am not a lover of the drama. I avoid it if I can. It is because of my profession I'll bet.
Riley's picture day tomorrow. Last year she wore her bright aqua green Girl Scout sash with her regular clothes. We had to do retakes. No worry about that this year. We will get up a bit early and do her hair. She will watch me like a hawk and tell me exactly how to do my job. She will complain about something I am doing and I will resist the urge to scream and throw the brush across the room.
One tantrum thrower in the morning is more than enough.
10.23.2008
Just Add Water
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(187)
-
▼
October
(34)
- Candy, Rain, Cold, Fun
- Tomorrow is Halloween
- Wandering Through the Corn Maze of My Brain
- No title
- Lake Washington this Morning
- Just One More Thing
- Weekend Things
- Bloggin' for a Friday
- Just Add Water
- Quiet Time
- Technology... Friend or Foe
- Stop your Bloggin and Go to Bed
- Pics from the Pumpkin Patch
- Sunday Sunday... dah dah dah
- A Couple More Snaps
- Da Hood
- Girl Time
- How Cute She Is
- Familia
- Good Evening
- Scattered and Random
- I been working on the railroad...
- No title
- blahsville
- Birthday Party
- Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you...
- A Scary Attempt at Being Different
- Monday is the "get your junk done day"
- The Hundred Acre Wood
- Badminton video ll
- So Much to Post- So Little Time
- Homesick and Being Almost Eleven
- Slideshow Pictures Around Our Neighborhood
- I Dig the Facebook Thing
-
▼
October
(34)
0 comments:
Post a Comment