10.23.2008

Quiet Time


It's so quiet that I can hear the old clock ticking, the hum of the fridge, creaks and groans of the house, a car or two traveling by. It is rare for me to have it this quiet in the house. I am that person who turns on the radio or T.V. just for noise. I think it is a habit born years and years ago.
I am meeting with Riley's teacher today. We have some "issues". I will elaborate later depending on the outcome. Of course I am the parent so I am sure none of this has to do with Riley, I am sure the teacher is to blame. Right...
Went and got my hair cut this morning. My cousin and I made our appointment together. This way works well, she can get her hair cut and I can keep an eye on her freakin' cute kids. I got the lil sweet Kate to do her baby laugh. The best sound ever. One laugh and I was hooked, I had to keep trying and was rewarded with a few more and some big smiles. Her older sister cracks me up. She is hilarious and sweet and a little bit adorable.
Started out cold, dark and rainy this morning but that big yellow ball of light is shining bright now. Two gorgeous days in a row. How lovely.
My man may get to come home tonight so I am going to get the kitchen picked up and dig something out for dinner. When he isn't home the girls and I don't do much for a formal dinner. Oh bother...
WOW, Thursday already. Sid's last match is today. A tournament at her school. She didn't make the final playoffs which surprised us but she dressed in her tye-dye team shirt and will still be there for support. I am hoping volleyball is on the horizon.
Okay, stop typing and start cleaning. I have to boss myself around or nothing will get done.

0 comments: