2.11.2009

El Sol


Buenos dias. This picture is of our "El Sol" he used to hang outside at our house in Calif. and he belongs to Bob. He loves Mexican "el sols". He had to hang this one up at our WA house too. The neighbors across the street have the same on hanging up on their house too. I don't think he goes with the house very well but I conceded. He asks for so little in the decor department. Okay, back to the subject of sunshine. There is plenty of it here this morning. It is a blessed sight after yesterday. It snowed all day, dark gray day. It never ended up sticking which was fabulous and it was pretty icy this morning. I went out a bit early to thaw out my car so we could get the doors open and get the windshield into some visible shape. Girls get out early on Wednesdays so today they will come home and get their suitcases ready for Saturday. My AZ family assures me that the weather will get better while I am there. Hoping that is the case. Before I sign off, I wanted to vent about some T.V. watching that I did last night. I wasn't going to watch Dateline about the mom of 8 who already had 6 kids but there was nothing else on. I figured I could half listen/watch while I played online poker with my dad and sister(which was really fun). Anyway, I got sucked in to the inane stupidity of this woman. The doctor who did the IVF is a moron and should be investigated for his part in this. She is a wack job. I was cruising along with her rationalization and had some misgivings but those quickly turned into me ranting at the television. She is on food stamps, no income, no help except for her mom, three of her children are on state disability, one has autism, and she is bringing eight more home. It made me nauseous. Oh, and she is going to get her master's degree so she can get a better job to support her 14 kids. Who's going to watch them and take care of them and spend time with them? Not her! Can you say child neglect??? I think that higher governing positions like state welfare, medical mal practice and who ever else I can lump into this needs to step in. She obviously can't make rational decisions on her own and needs to have them made for her by more sane individuals! Oh and then she denies having plastic surgery. I am no medical professional but even I could tell she had stuff done, they showed past photos of her and you can obviously tell. What a crack pot, she is trying to be Angelina Jolie! If I had a life outside of my home I wouldn't care too much. No, that is not true, I just would have ranted at work instead of blogging about it. The poor souls at the salon would all be my audience. We would all join in on lively debate and banter. It just makes me sad for kids. People have more children than they can care for and who suffers? Children are not like objects to be collected, set on a shelf and dusted off once a month. Her adorable kids will be the victims in her weird and twisted obsession.
Thanks, I needed that! Whew! Where's the Tylenol?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi sweet niece, didn't watch it, but I agree with all you said. Can you say "child abuse".