2.12.2009

Valentine thoughts, octuplets and seasoned travelers


Just the usual morning frenzy. "Where is my backpack? Have you seen my lunch money?" Blah blah blah. My sister called and was taking my brother in law to the emergency room. He went to the doctor yesterday and was told one thing but now is in pain again and will find out more as the day goes on. Glad I will be there Saturday if I can help out.
Sunny yesterday, just beautiful. Sun is emerging again now as well and it is so pretty. As soon as I finish my coffee and this post I am going downstairs to pack. The girls are understandably beyond excited. I am having no problems getting them to do what I want right now. Bob is says he is starting to miss us already. Poor guy. He leaves by 5:00 am every morning, gets home about 5:00 in the evening, does a few chores, eats and goes to bed. Doubt there will be a lot of time for him to miss us. We will be home before we or he even knows it.
I now see that Nadya Suleman, the mother of the new octuplets and six more at home, has a website. On the website you can make donations for the children. I am conflicted about this. I hate that she is doing that, showing the world that she indeed CAN NOT take care of her children financially. But then I think that the children did not ask for this kind of life and should not suffer at the hands of their crazy mother. Dr. Phil had Kate Gosselin on his show yesterday. She is the mom of twins and sextuplets and has the show "John & Kate plus Eight". When the news of these octuplets birth was announced I wondered what her take on this was. She basically said she was very afraid for the mom and the children for lots of different reasons. I figured as much and that she of all people was an expert.
Valentine's day is Saturday. Since I am leaving early that morning that put the kabosh on Bob's plans for our special day. I am sure he was planning an expensive romantic dinner for two and probably going to lavish me with diamonds, gift cards and wine. BAAAAAHHHAAAAAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH!!!! We have never had a V-day like that. Ever. He is good about the card and that is about it. It would be lovely to have all of that but my honest and true feelings are this. Be a good spouse ALL year long and give me a card. DON'T be a shitty, crappy, a-hole of a husband all year and then think you can make up for it one day a year with a dumb diamond heart necklace that was on sale at the mall for $99.00, a greeting card with sexual overtones and a splendid dinner at T.G.I. Fridays. I know some husbands like this and some that are crappy all year and don't even get their wives a card. Hell, I would be happy with a card he made himself, letter or poem. So I got no complaints in that department. How about a great husband all year long and awesome gifts for V-day? Cha Ching.
I am going to download some more tunes to my Ipod for the plane ride. If I even stay awake on the plane ride. I usually sleep. The girls are collecting things to do, Ipod, Nintendo, reading material, solitaire game, sudoku game, I think they will be fine. They are so excited they wont be bored. They are also very seasoned travelers. They know the procedures well and get the job done. They make me proud.

0 comments: