2.02.2009

Tell Your Brain to Land Somewhere


My mind is swirling around in all different directions. I can't sleep and have been awake since 5:15 this morning. Bob woke me up to tell me goodbye. Normally, I just fall back to sleep or turn on the news and fall asleep again. I had completely forgotten that he was going to the RR job today. It has been such a pain in the ass to keep track of that job. "bumped" or "furlowed" or "abolished" are words that they use regularly, a frenzy of faxes back and forth from Ft. Worth, phone calls to Seattle. No wonder I didn't remember. He did Costco yesterday.
Speaking of yesterday. Sid and I went and picked Riley up from her slumber party. I have to eat my words, she was actually good. Not crabby and really glad to see us. We stopped at Target and Cost Plus on the way home and got some Super Bowl snacks.
I am starting to have a phobia. I do not know the technical term for it but here it is. I am beginning to fear answering the phone, getting the mail and checking e mail or Facebook. It seems to me that in the last 6 months that the majority of time I am getting some form of bad news from these sources. I received word yesterday that a dear friend had passed away. She was a mom of a friend from High School and she and I had gotten to be friends as well as a client of mine. She had been battling cancer so I knew it was just a matter of time. I feel bad that I can't be in the H.D. for her memorial service but did leave a message in the online guest book which they will have at the service. While I feel bad for her son, I am so glad that she is not suffering anymore.
Okay, back to the Super Bowl(I told you my brain was jumping around)We totally loved watching it. The commercials were funny but could have been better. The Budweiser Clydesdales never disappoint. It was a great game. The 4th quarter was a nail biter at the end. I even did my share of screaming and yelling. I am sure my vocal expression was nothing compared to what went on at my sister's house in Arizona. She had my parents and her in laws there, all football fans.
Well, back to the routine today. I might just have a quick power nap today as I have clocked in about 4 hours of sleep and that might be a stretch. Luckily, I can do that.
Enough mind travel for now, hopefully when I post again, I will be more cohesive.

1 comments:

Nikki said...

I'm in the same boat takin' a nap today. But, for different reasons. If you are up tomorrow night, feel free just come on over here and take over Kate duty!