
It's an 80's song from a movie. "I need a Hero". I don't need one, I lost one and got a new one. The one I lost is Michael Phelps. I probably don't need to go into why he was my hero and now is not. It's only my PERSONAL opinion, but I still really like him and I am in no way in a position to judge what he did. But I am a mom and have to impress on my girls that what Michael did was so not cool. I'll bet some of you think this sounds bad but I tend to think his biggest errors in judgement were that he didn't check to see who had camera phones and that he got caught. A little bong hit is not like serious steroid or enhancement drugs. That is just my opinion on my blog. My new hero you ask? Well, he was my hero before but now that we have all heard the voice recorder on the news, Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger is my hero. The pilot from 1649 that landed in the Hudson. His composure and calm demeanor during what was going to be a plane crash is amazing. What a pro. It gives me goosebumps when I hear the dialog between him and the air traffic controllers who are also to be praised. When he says "We are going to be in the Hudson"... Lord... it just amazes me. He so deserved to be at the inauguration and the Super Bowl and more. This is from a media blog that I read this morning... "God Bless Chesley Sullenberger. We need more heroes just like him! Our prayers and thanks go out to all the other crew members, brave passengers and rescuers who made this “America’s Story!” at a time when we really need it!"
A little cold front coming through with just a soft drizzle. Dry tomorrow and early Sunday and then more rain. From what everyone is saying we are in a more typical weather pattern for February. Today's rain isn't too bad considering how long it's been since it has rained.
Had to make an appointment with the coin dealer for tomorrow. The girls and I will be out and about down town. I will take my camera for sure, hopefully I will get some decent shots.
Trying to stay calm when I think about next weekend. I am getting super excited to go to Phoenix. It goes without saying that the girls are pretty happy about it too.
I am dusting off my collection of flip flops and short sleeved shirts to pack in my suitcase.
Happy Friday to everyone, if you are in the desert and reading this, I know you got some fierce winds yesterday. Hopefully today will be better. I am sorry to have to tell you this but I do NOT miss the wind AT ALL. I don't care if it is sunny there, I'll take the rain. Give me a break, over 40 years of wind AND a living room window blown in, I did my time with the wind.
2.06.2009
I need a hero
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(279)
-
▼
February
(24)
- Feeling like a semi normal human...
- Ouch, it hurts to breath...
- Ricola, Top Chef and Idol
- It Sneaks up on You
- Unexpected Guests
- Weekends are Good
- Home from Arizona
- Boo Hoo and Sniff Sniff
- Happy Birthday Presidents
- Live from Arizona
- Up Up and Away
- Valentine thoughts, octuplets and seasoned travelers
- Quick note and pictures
- El Sol
- 9th Graders Get Embarrassed
- It's time for a RANT!
- Sun and Snow
- A few retouched photos
- A Different Kind of Day
- I need a hero
- Shots, Songs and Coins
- Shiny Happy Wednesday
- Tuesday is a sunny day
- Tell Your Brain to Land Somewhere
-
▼
February
(24)
0 comments:
Post a Comment