


Trying to squeeze in one more sunny or should I say semi sunny day today. The forecast says clouds but no rain until the weekend. I am seeing pink sunrise and clear sky right now so we will see. Sid did fine at her Dr.'s appointment yesterday. She hates getting shots. It is weird to see a girl so composed all of the time, move into a heightened state of panic. The sound of her voice changes and she gets very distressed. I hate shots too but have always sucked it up. Anyway, the medical offices were very nice and very close to home(we have a major medical center very close by) the new nurse was great and so was the new doctor. We have always had the same insurance and provider. I think it was 1992 or 93 when we first started. Two babies, rhinoplasty, arterial leg surgery, gall bladder removal, thousands of pediatrician visits, dermatology, you name it, we have been there for it and now it is all new and starting over. Weird but so relieved it went well. It will be my turn next and then dermatology for Sid and I.
Riley auditioned for a play at school and got the part. She will be playing Susan B. Anthony. She also has a singing part. Sid and I started working with her last night on pitch and tone. Let's just say we have our work cut out for us. Her heart is in the right place so now we gotta get her sound in the right place. Bob has been going through his coin collection downstairs and gave her one of his Susan B. Anthony dollars. Riley got on the computer right away and started doing research on her. She wanted to know things like, what color her hair was, did she look old, who was she married to, what kind of clothes did she wear. All the really important questions. She was not too pleased at the results. I told her that it was hard for women in that time to look as glamorous as women today. The song she is singing is called "Manifest Destiny". I am hoping it is like the 5th grade version of Oklahoma or similar. I will be sure to keep you updated on that subject.
Back to Bob's coin collection. That is the reason we are going to downtown Seattle this weekend. He has had this collection since he was a kid. He was very in to it and knows quite a bit about coins. The letters next to the date, etc. stuff I had now idea about until he told me. We are going to a coin store to get some idea as to the value of some of his better coins. They are sitting in a wooden box that weighs over 50 pounds and has followed us to every location we have moved too. He is tired of lugging it around and never really looks at it anymore, so he is going to get some idea of what the worth is and perhaps sell some of it off. He has saved some of the better coins for his daughters but the rest is hopefully going to get sold. If the process takes too long on Saturday Riley suggested that we ditch him and head over to Starbucks. I like her style...
2.05.2009
Shots, Songs and Coins
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(279)
-
▼
February
(24)
- Feeling like a semi normal human...
- Ouch, it hurts to breath...
- Ricola, Top Chef and Idol
- It Sneaks up on You
- Unexpected Guests
- Weekends are Good
- Home from Arizona
- Boo Hoo and Sniff Sniff
- Happy Birthday Presidents
- Live from Arizona
- Up Up and Away
- Valentine thoughts, octuplets and seasoned travelers
- Quick note and pictures
- El Sol
- 9th Graders Get Embarrassed
- It's time for a RANT!
- Sun and Snow
- A few retouched photos
- A Different Kind of Day
- I need a hero
- Shots, Songs and Coins
- Shiny Happy Wednesday
- Tuesday is a sunny day
- Tell Your Brain to Land Somewhere
-
▼
February
(24)
0 comments:
Post a Comment