
I am watching or rather listening to the news. It's all bad so I am going to counter it with an all good news blog post.
Natalie is learning to communicate.
My friend in Calif. is moving into her beautiful new house.
Bob's cousin is getting married soon.
The sun is shining.
I have been reconnecting with really "old" friends from way back in elementary and junior high days on Facebook.
I won $400 in play money on online poker.(only if it were real)
I slept thru the night, coughing only 8 or 9 times.
God is good.
I might actually B-B-Q this weekend if it stays dry tomorrow. That rocks.
Girls are glad it's Friday. They are two tired chicks.
My bird feeder is filled up again and the little finches are going crazy, in turn my cat is going crazy.
Speaking of my cat... When I had my really bad coughing/no sleep extravaganza he never left me. He sleeps with us every night but usually leaves eventually to prowl and when Bob gets up at 3:45-4:00 he always follows him around til he leaves at 5:00 but when I was having a hard time he never budged. He curls up in the crook of your knees. It is comforting and adorable.
I can hear our president talking to U.S. Marines about our withdrawal from Iraq by the year end 2011. Blah blah blah... I am loving that our troops will come home but hope that the sustaining of democracy continues in Iraq so that the hard work and lives lost was not in vain. President Obama says that the U.S. and Iraq will always share a blood bond, and that it will continue for ages. He is comparing our civil war and hatred toward our country to the problems that Iraq faces. It's full of fluff and perhaps illogical camaraderie. Hopefully I am wrong. I really want to be wrong about this whole political, economic thing. I would gladly welcome being wrong...
All right that is enough, I am and always continue to pray for the soldiers and their families. I wonder if Oprah's show yesterday was purely a coincidence? She was at Walter Reed Army Medical Center...hmm....It's not the message I am against but perhaps the messenger? I don't know... Okay, now he's done it, he had made me cry... damn it, tell me a soldier's story and I am humbled and beyond consolation.
The cats are loving the sunshine, they are usually sprawled out on Riley's bed asleep by now but are running up and down the hallway like a herd of buffalo.
Hoping everyone has a fun, restful weekend. Hug hug kiss kiss ...
2.27.2009
Feeling like a semi normal human...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(279)
-
▼
February
(24)
- Feeling like a semi normal human...
- Ouch, it hurts to breath...
- Ricola, Top Chef and Idol
- It Sneaks up on You
- Unexpected Guests
- Weekends are Good
- Home from Arizona
- Boo Hoo and Sniff Sniff
- Happy Birthday Presidents
- Live from Arizona
- Up Up and Away
- Valentine thoughts, octuplets and seasoned travelers
- Quick note and pictures
- El Sol
- 9th Graders Get Embarrassed
- It's time for a RANT!
- Sun and Snow
- A few retouched photos
- A Different Kind of Day
- I need a hero
- Shots, Songs and Coins
- Shiny Happy Wednesday
- Tuesday is a sunny day
- Tell Your Brain to Land Somewhere
-
▼
February
(24)
0 comments:
Post a Comment