2.09.2009

Sun and Snow




What a combo! Bob woke me up to tell me goodbye like he does every morning but this morning he had an added surprise(get your mind out of the gutter). He said that it had snowed overnight and to be careful, he was going to scrape off my windows, etc. what a good man. I turned on the local news and they said school would have a 2 hour late start. I told the girls and turned off their alarms and we all went back to sleep. We were so happy to be snuggled in our warm beds with the knowledge that we would be sleeping in past 8:00. Took Sid to school by 10:00 and most of the streets were just a brown slushy mushy mixture. The blue sky and sunshine mixed with snow laden pines is gorgeous. I shot a few pics from my house to show off. If it had been like this during Christmas, we would have been in holiday bliss.
I was pooped out yesterday, three haircuts and two weaves. Actually three weaves as Sid's was a double process. My little family sure looks awesome though. I did my color too so I guess that is four colors and three cuts, whoa nelly. I can tell that I am not used to it anymore, my back was aching and I have a sore spot on each hand where I used to have calluses. It didn't help my back working with a kitchen chair that has no pump to go up or down as needed. You have to bend at weird angles for long periods of time and the kitchen table is your work station, ugh. I gotta get back into the groove.
Bob, Sid and I have to attend her future High School's "Welcome Night" tonight. It is just informational for parents and future 10th graders. There have been counselors at her Jr. High already last week. She has most of her classes lined up already and knows what she needs to do for the most part. We will learn more tonight I am sure. My how time flies. I swear I was just at her Kindergarten parent information meeting not that long ago. We will find out about our lottery standing with Riley sometime early next week. Lots going on.

0 comments: