2.26.2009

Ouch, it hurts to breath...


The last 12-14 hours are foggy to me. I picked the girls up from school yesterday and I when I got home I took one of Bob's "sleepy" pills. They are a muscle relaxer and can knock me out. I took a half and still woke up coughing about 20 times so I took another half. All that ended up happening was that I was coughing and tired and today I feel like I am hung over. I did get about four hours in with the help of my airplane neck pillow. That way I could sleep sitting up!
It started snowing at about 7:30 last night so I turned the news on this morning to see if the girls had school or late start. They ended up with a two hour late start and they were still late getting there. If I am not on top of my game and pushing them to get ready they just wont. So they were late and they can suffer the consequences! I got a tea at Starbucks and hoping that helps to perk me up. I dread coughing now as my whole body is so sore. I live in fear of sneezing, burping and coughing! Ouch!
My sweet, cute little cousin, Natalie is quite the busy girl. We just celebrated her 7th birthday this past weekend. She is learning some cool new things that could change the way she communicates with the world and help everyone around her understand her wants and needs. She is learning to use a computer that works with her eyes. People like Nat with physical disabilities can do many things with their eyes that they would otherwise do with their hands. This is from the website Eyegaze... "By looking at control keys on a computer monitor screen, the user can perform a broad variety of functions including speech synthesis, environmental control, sending emails, browsing the Internet, playing games, typing, and controlling most PC and MAC computers.
Eyetracking systems can enhance the quality of life of a disabled person, his family and his community by broadening his communication, entertainment, learning and productive capacities. "
She is also learning to use a wheelchair that is motorized, hopefully giving her independence and mobility. You feel so helpless when you are with her in that you move her around in her chair where you hope or think she might want to be. Anyway that she can communicate more efficiently and move around independently would be such an awesome blessing. When she is out of her chair and my uncle is helping her "walk" around, you see this tall beautiful seven year old who also happens to be missing a couple front teeth and she is just like any other 1st grader. We already know how smart and funny she is and if she can communicate that to the world that would be the best!
The sun came out early and began the task of melting the snow. I am so glad! It is a pain in the ass in the morning. Thankfully Bob had put a large sheet of cardboard across my windshield this morning before he left for work. All Sid and I had to do was lift it up off of the windshield and TA DA a clean windshield! Isn't he just the smartest man?
I am off to pick up child #1 and then child #2 already. It does seem like I just took them to school... Oh yeah, I did just take them to school.

0 comments: