
When I took the girls to school this morning it was foggy. The tall pines were shrouded in mist. Awesome. As the fog and clouds wore off it was all sunshine and wispy high clouds. Perfect day for Bob and I to go out to lunch on the water. If we would have had the time, I would have loved to go up north to Mukilteo and eat at Ivars or Edmonds and eat at Anthony's. But we still have to remember that we are parents and the responsibility of picking them up from school. Luckily, we live in Kirkland and Lake Washington is a few minutes away and there are plenty of places to eat on the lake. We made it down to Carillon Point which is a marina and there are shops, restaurants, hotels, etc. It's lovely and today was lovely. I just wanted to have a mini celebration for Bob and I and his new job.
It was nice to not think about the economy, the state of our government, the election, the debate and foreign policy. It seems that is all we hear and that is completely understandable. The economy is kind of a big deal and all. My opinion is that if our economy is this bad then how can we be effective with other countries and our foreign policies? We gotta mow the grass in our own backyard before we tackle someone else's weeds. But that is just me...
Going to meet my cousin tonight and some friends for drinks. Casual. Jill deserves a big fat Margarita! She has sooooo much on her weekly plate. Hopefully my other cousin Nikki can join us. Her baby is still kind of young so it's not always easy.
So, poor me. A great lunch with my man and drinks with fun people tonight.
So, yes, the ecomony sucks, we have a giant noose around our neck in Calif. (our house) that we can't unload, job situation was iffy, etc. BUT we feel so very lucky.
We are living exactly where we want to and feel BLESSED beyond belief for that. Our girls are adapting so well and are happy, healthy kids. I got no complaints and if I did, I would hope that everyone would be ashamed of me.
Hope that all who read this has a great weekend, watch the debate and hope that the candidate of your choice does well and comes out of this not too beat up, put your life savings in a jar and bury it in your back yard cuz it may not be safe at the bank.
9.26.2008
Blissful Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(187)
-
▼
September
(24)
- Ramble on...
- Lack of Sleep
- Blissful Day
- In the Morning my Mind Wanders
- Make up your own title
- Today is Tuesday
- Fall... Is it here already?
- Badminton
- Pulling on Those Apron Strings
- Updates from the Evergreen State
- Being a Princess
- I Got Nothin'
- Gotta Seize the Day
- a few badminton at the park pics
- Sunny Day
- Do You Remember
- Lucky, Lucky, We're So Lucky
- Kids and Cousins
- Dang
- Sailing Video- With Music
- My Day, Just Me
- Stepping Out and Stepping Up
- I Have the Coolest Daughters
- First Day of School
-
▼
September
(24)
0 comments:
Post a Comment