When you live in the Mojave Desert of Southern California, the coming of fall can be a welcome respite. It will have been over 100 degrees for about 980 days and everyone is sick of the heat and paying billions of dollars to cool their homes. Welllll... let me tell ya about fall in Kirkland. The leaves turning from green to orange, yellow and red is stunning. But the weather is cloudy and drizzly. You find yourself mourning the loss of summer aka sunshine. Bob and Riley love the rain. They do not seem to be influenced by the lack of vitamin D. Sid and I seem to be more sensitive to the cloudy, sunless skies. We will hold the weatherman accountable at this point because he has dangled the carrot in front of us. Sunshine, although not too warm, but sunshine and some clouds by the end of this week.
I did celebrate the end of summer by putting up some of my fall/Halloween decor. At least the stuff I could find. Somewhere there are Halloween decorations buried in my garage. Maybe by Easter I will have unearthed the fall things. I did however find the Halloween cookie cutters and even bought a tombstone cookie cutter at Sir La Table a few weeks back. I LOVE doing sugar cookies and decorating them. I am sure that they will be worthy of picture taking and of course I will post them and be waiting for tons of compliments from my thousands of loyal fans.
The pictures above are of my tree in the front yard. This was taken a while back so in reality the tree is even more orange and yellow now and the leaves are falling. I will shoot some more fall pics soon. Our neighborhood looks to be quite colorful in the tree department.
I have Court T.V. on in the background and it is the O.J. Simpson trial in Vegas. What a bunch of crap that is. I could blog a few hundred words about how I feel about O.J. My sister and I have seen Ron Goldman's dad several times when we have been shopping at Nordstrom's in Scottsdale. He works there. He looks so nice and I feel so sad for him. I have never had the courage to say anything to him. My sister has talked to him but it was just about a shirt for her husband.
Riley did not walk to school today. Geoffrey didn't show up this morning. He may have been sick today. He has a scooter(skateboard with a handle) so now Riley wants one. He rides it and she runs along side. She wanted to ride her bike to school today. Lord, the child is trying to put me in an early grave.
Have a blissful, fall feeling Monday everyone. I am calling the Kirkland beauty school tomorrow to sign up for my refresher course. Wish me luck...
9.22.2008
Fall... Is it here already?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(187)
-
▼
September
(24)
- Ramble on...
- Lack of Sleep
- Blissful Day
- In the Morning my Mind Wanders
- Make up your own title
- Today is Tuesday
- Fall... Is it here already?
- Badminton
- Pulling on Those Apron Strings
- Updates from the Evergreen State
- Being a Princess
- I Got Nothin'
- Gotta Seize the Day
- a few badminton at the park pics
- Sunny Day
- Do You Remember
- Lucky, Lucky, We're So Lucky
- Kids and Cousins
- Dang
- Sailing Video- With Music
- My Day, Just Me
- Stepping Out and Stepping Up
- I Have the Coolest Daughters
- First Day of School
-
▼
September
(24)
1 comments:
You take wonderful pictures! Maybe your next career will be photographer. I'm serious!
Nik
Post a Comment