
Our girls are the best. They are strong, confident, happy, well adjusted people. Maybe they really aren't all those things but I am the parent who sees them through those rose colored glasses. No, I really think they are all that a bowl of fruit punch. They not only survived their first day of school, they had a great time, made some friends and gave us overall glowing reports. Riley said that she made friends and that she is "already popular". Now, coming from an adult that would sound a bit self absorbed and pompous. But coming from a 10 year old it is hilarious. Of course her parents could have lectured her on the importance of a good education, hitting the books and that this isn't a popularity contest, blah blah blah but that is exactly what I needed to hear yesterday from her. After all, lets be honest, it is about being popular and nothing else. My worst fear was that Sid would have to eat lunch alone but she has a new group of friends that are new to the school this year. She actually met a boy yesterday that just moved here from Phelan. Whoa...
Bob and I went to Ikea yesterday afternoon. We got a new stove and some book cases for the girls rooms. So next time some of you come over the girls rooms will be looking like they are out of the pages of Pottery Barn Teen. I am sure these book cases will inspire my tornadoes, I mean daughters to keep their rooms tidy and shiny clean. Now I am wearing those rose colored glasses...
Just wanted to thank so many that have contacted me regarding my friend Beth and her family. Some of you know her and assured me that you would keep her in your prayers. Some of you don't even know her and assured me that you would keep her in your prayers. Of course her family is in the darkest place. Any prayers or chats with "Papa" or God are greatly appreciated and I love you all for that(and so much more) I wish I could go to Costco and buy rose colored glasses in the 12 pack and put them on my friends for a while. I was able to speak with them more yesterday and that was helpful. I am concentrating on them and not feeling sorry for myself. I can help from far away. I like helping in a physical way, cooking, cleaning, errands because that is automatic but helping emotionally is harder. You always worry about saying the right things. I of all people should not get tongue tied but when it comes to the sorrow of others I fear that all of my words are inadequate and superficial. But I can chat with God and that is not to be taken lightly at this point. I am doing a lot of that. Thanks and love to all...
9.03.2008
I Have the Coolest Daughters
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(187)
-
▼
September
(24)
- Ramble on...
- Lack of Sleep
- Blissful Day
- In the Morning my Mind Wanders
- Make up your own title
- Today is Tuesday
- Fall... Is it here already?
- Badminton
- Pulling on Those Apron Strings
- Updates from the Evergreen State
- Being a Princess
- I Got Nothin'
- Gotta Seize the Day
- a few badminton at the park pics
- Sunny Day
- Do You Remember
- Lucky, Lucky, We're So Lucky
- Kids and Cousins
- Dang
- Sailing Video- With Music
- My Day, Just Me
- Stepping Out and Stepping Up
- I Have the Coolest Daughters
- First Day of School
-
▼
September
(24)
1 comments:
They are "THE BEST" Chicks in the world....
Of course they are popular....
CUTE - SMART - GREAT SENSE OF HUMOR ......
WHAT MORE COULD YOU ASK FOR???
Yes, You and your family & Beth and her family are in our thoughts and prayers....
This world as we know it certainly moves in mysterious ways and we most times have no answer to the WHY'S life presents to us?
Why Me....
Why Them....
Why Now......
Why so young??
We can only hope that in the "BIG SCHEME OF THINGS" our life here is lived out to the fullest.
Hopefully touching some lives along the way that will remember you for who you are and what you had to offer in life that cannot be measured in material value.
Post a Comment