9.30.2008

Ramble on...


This promises to be another sunny and warm day. We hit 83 degrees yesterday. More of the same today. Yesterday truly was a made to order weather day. Had to drive over to Redmond for Sid's badminton match and it was such a beautiful drive. It is east of us and you go through a large valley and then back into the trees. Farms with horses grazing and cows. Many of the trees are starting to change into vivid oranges, golds and reds. Fall is the best... Sid's team did not win but she played well. Bob and I can see her improving every match. The other school's team had a disabled girl in a wheelchair on their team. She had her team shirt on and her racquet. She was up by the net and our girls made sure to hit that birdie to her and she hit some back. I was impressed with their team's encouragement to her and our team's taking the time to hit those shots for her. We saw her after the match and told her what a great job she did. When you have someone close to you in your own family that has disabilities, you really begin to watch for things like that and feel so comfortable approaching that. It made me realize that my little sweet cousin can and will be able to do so much! She is learning to communicate with her eyes and it is amazing. We all want her to do the alphabet for us when we are with her and she is probably like most six year olds and is thinking "I wish they would quit bugging me about this alphabet thing, I got it down and you dummies don't" It is just so cool tho. Today my cousin will have some hard moments and trying moments and I am just praying for a good outcome.
We are going to celebrate Sid's b-day this Sunday at the lake house with my family. Sid is excited. We are doing Mexican food. It may rain but we are going prepared with games and indoor activities.
Took Riley to school and Geoffery too. No one argued about getting a ride instead of walking, that is good since I have a killer headache and was in no mood to take on my very independent 10 year old and her sidekick.
I am going downstairs now to watch my TIVO shows while I do laundry. Who knows what is on there, a few Oprahs,Salon Takeover, Jon & Kate + 8.
Wow, it's TIVO smorgasbord!

0 comments: