9.18.2008

Updates from the Evergreen State


I must get myself together and pick up Riley from school. She felt well enough to go today. Sid and I feel fine too. Yesterday just kicked our behinds. I will pick up Ri and go to Sid's badminton match. Pics to follow...Bob was off today and we got lots of junk done. I had more clerical items to attend to and he gets the burly stuff like getting the girls badminton birdy off of the roof.
I called WA state board, got a very helpful young lady to give me info. At the end of the conversation I asked her if people like me who have had their license for 100 years ever just beg to get the WA license without testing. She replied with "all of the time"...So there you have it, I will have to test in practical and written if I want to do hair in this state. I called a beauty school and they will give me a refresher course for 2-3 days. At a lovely cost as well. But, if I want to pass and have some type of dignity I think it may be money well spent. I just can't put myself out there for another profession! I want to go back to school for some graphic design classes but I also want to pay my rent, utilities and be able to buy groceries as well. So I guess I gotta go with what I know.
Had the nicest phone call from a friend/client in Calif. Of course she misses me! It does and doesn't make me feel good... I do miss my job and my moola. So, it looks like I might be a beauty school student for a brief time, WEIRD.
Bob is still filling his time up with his large warehouse job. They love him. He will have his 30 day review this week sometime. If only he could be full time and make MORE dollars at this job. His commute is so rockin'.
Also, on the advice of my sister, I am going to put some cute things together and sell them. I will be sure to let you know and will post some pics of the stuff I do. Just some notecards and albums. I might go up to Lynwood and take a class at a scrapbook store and learn some new techniques. I wish I lived by my sister's friend and neighbor! She is sooooo talented.
I really like being a stay at home mom/wife, but the pay ain't to great. It's really too bad...
Okay, on to other things. As many of you may have noticed that since my blogs birth back in June, I think I have changed my background about 4-5 times. My oldest, dearest, bestest friend told me that she likes this current one the best and not to change it. I have to agree. I will try really hard not to change it. My inner nature is to change things around a lot and redecorate things a lot so this will take some willpower on my part! Jill, I will try until at least November, that's as good as I can do.
Hope you all got a kick out of my niece's princess picture. I am on a "pesterfest" to get me some more pics to post. I get tired of seeing those other two kids all of the freakin' time, I need new faces... I am off to the showers. Cloudy, overcast, gray, drizzle today. Kind of nice change. A little chilly. Ciao for now.

0 comments: