
I had such a nice day yesterday as I told everyone in my last post. When I got home I had a letter from the WA State Board of Cosmetology. They verified what I already knew. I would have to take written and practical exams. I guess I was hoping that when Washington received the license verification from the state of Calif. they would also see that I have had my license for 340 years and "grandfather" me in.
I always hope that maybe somehow I will be granted special treatment but that is just my desire to be treated like the queen that I think I am. A slice of entitlement pie anyone??? So, I let that get to me a bit, even though I wasn't surprised, I still let it get to me. This has been a tragic week and I am really making an effort to be strong, unselfish and have a good attitude. When someone you care deeply for is hurting, you try to remember that you don't have anything to complain about. So I am mentally slapping myself around and telling myself that the pity train left town weeks ago...
Am looking forward to Sunday. Spending some time at the lake with family and the girls deserve some fun after the week they had. They should be rewarded for being so brave. Meteorologists are using the Doppler radar to predict that we will have sunny days for a bit longer. When the sun is out in Seattle you better get your buns out there to soak up that Vitamin D. It could be a long, dark, wet, dreary winter...
9.05.2008
Dang
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(187)
-
▼
September
(24)
- Ramble on...
- Lack of Sleep
- Blissful Day
- In the Morning my Mind Wanders
- Make up your own title
- Today is Tuesday
- Fall... Is it here already?
- Badminton
- Pulling on Those Apron Strings
- Updates from the Evergreen State
- Being a Princess
- I Got Nothin'
- Gotta Seize the Day
- a few badminton at the park pics
- Sunny Day
- Do You Remember
- Lucky, Lucky, We're So Lucky
- Kids and Cousins
- Dang
- Sailing Video- With Music
- My Day, Just Me
- Stepping Out and Stepping Up
- I Have the Coolest Daughters
- First Day of School
-
▼
September
(24)
0 comments:
Post a Comment