
I have worked closely with the public for 25+ years. A wise person told me long ago that it's not always smart to discuss two things. Politics and Religion. Well, it hasn't really been that way all of the time. I did make it a personal policy that I would let the client bring it up first or if I was confident that I knew where they stood on politics or religion I would bring it up. I would never argue with a client about those things, the salon experience is supposed to be a relaxing one!
BUT...the blog is a different breed of horse all together. As my wonderful friend Beth says "that's what I like about your blog, it's your opinion, your words, etc"
I watched the Republican Nat'l Convention with my husband and girls last night. We felt that the girls needed to pay attention to what Sarah had to say. They would see history in the making. I am a registered Independent. Bob and I have been McCain supporters for years. I am what I like to think of as a liberal Republican. I know many people think that is an oxymoron! I was like everyone else yesterday. I was excited to hear Sarah Palin speak, hear what she had to say, see her and her family.
I was not let down. I LOVED her. Bob and the girls loved her as well. I loved her daughter Piper and the way she "managed" her baby brother's hair!
I am a HUGE believer in the freedom to vote how you want and also believe you should associate with the candidate that fits closely with your beliefs and ideals. I would never get up and argue with someone who believes in another party's politics but I would welcome lively debate if necessary. More important than that? VOTING.
I don't care what your politics are but I do care about voting. It is a right that we have that was fought for long ago and then later, for women to obtain that right.
This is just my opinion and I really felt for the first time that I could truly relate to this mom of five who is 44 years old. I know her because I am her and so are many, many women out there. Okay, that is that. I am going to post twice tonight because I have too much going on for just one lil ol' post.
9.04.2008
Stepping Out and Stepping Up
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(187)
-
▼
September
(24)
- Ramble on...
- Lack of Sleep
- Blissful Day
- In the Morning my Mind Wanders
- Make up your own title
- Today is Tuesday
- Fall... Is it here already?
- Badminton
- Pulling on Those Apron Strings
- Updates from the Evergreen State
- Being a Princess
- I Got Nothin'
- Gotta Seize the Day
- a few badminton at the park pics
- Sunny Day
- Do You Remember
- Lucky, Lucky, We're So Lucky
- Kids and Cousins
- Dang
- Sailing Video- With Music
- My Day, Just Me
- Stepping Out and Stepping Up
- I Have the Coolest Daughters
- First Day of School
-
▼
September
(24)
2 comments:
Sister, you have got to catch Glenn Beck this week. He was praising Sarah Palin. He mentioned one book that I am dying to read, "Liberal Fascism" by Jonah Goldberg. It has a big smiley face on the cover. On another mocchachino-caffeine libaray day, look it up!
I'm on it!
Post a Comment