9.10.2008

Do You Remember


When I was younger, I would hear people older than myself talk about things like Pearl Harbor (my great aunt was an officer in the Army Nurse Corp and at Pearl Harbor) and President Kennedy's assassination. They always would say that they could remember exactly what they were doing when they heard the news. I never thought much of it, being a child and not paying much attention to those stories. Then something really unthinkable happened and it occured when I was an adult. My very own country was attacked by terrorists. I will always remember waking up and turning on the "Today Show". It was still early and the first plane had already hit and the second just hit. Speculation only on the "accident" at that point. No one knowing much at that time except for gripping fear.
I know that I will never forget that day. I hope my two daughters listen better than I did when we talk about remembering. Bob says that we don't pay enough attention to history. History does repeat itself.
I know that tomorrow everyone will stop for a second and remember exactly what they were doing when they heard the news.

0 comments: