Wednesdays are minimum days at school. I picked up the girls and took them downtown. We got some refreshment from a favorite local coffee house and headed to the park. I decided on the Marina Park. It is right on Lake Washington. Lots of places to sit in the sun or shade. The girls pulled out some homework and I stuck my nose into my book. "The Birth of Venus" it's okay... It seems to have been a trend for a while to take a famous "real" work of art like a painting or sculpture and write a fictional story around it and its inception. So I am plugging along with it and then I have two more from the library that I will review. Last week it was the "Syringa Tree". Can't remember if I mentioned it so will bring it up again. Good read.
Sunny, perfect day in the park kind of day. Kinda warm, like 77 degrees. Riley had to take a break from her spelling words and go for a dip in the lake. We felt pretty lucky today that we live here. How often do you get to do your homework with your toes in the lake? Lucky fish we are...
9.10.2008
Lucky, Lucky, We're So Lucky
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(187)
-
▼
September
(24)
- Ramble on...
- Lack of Sleep
- Blissful Day
- In the Morning my Mind Wanders
- Make up your own title
- Today is Tuesday
- Fall... Is it here already?
- Badminton
- Pulling on Those Apron Strings
- Updates from the Evergreen State
- Being a Princess
- I Got Nothin'
- Gotta Seize the Day
- a few badminton at the park pics
- Sunny Day
- Do You Remember
- Lucky, Lucky, We're So Lucky
- Kids and Cousins
- Dang
- Sailing Video- With Music
- My Day, Just Me
- Stepping Out and Stepping Up
- I Have the Coolest Daughters
- First Day of School
-
▼
September
(24)
0 comments:
Post a Comment