12.25.2008

Be On Your Way Santa


I have never been so glad to shut the door on that fat jolly old man as this Christmas. This was the Christmas that I never dreamed of. While I am glad it's over, done, finished and gone I still have some lingering issues. This was supposed to be the best Christmas. We are in WA for goodness sake. There are light displays, events, etc and chilly weather to make you feel the real Christmas feeling. Oh it was chilly all right, so cold that I was numb and could never feel the spirit. Oh there were a few nights when I had one of my 300 Christmas CD's playing and it was snowing outside and I felt very Christmas like. Otherwise, it was below expectations for sure. I guess to sum it up, I feel gipped.
The minute my street is clear and neighborhood passable, I am heading to the mall and shopping, talking to strangers, eating in a restaurant, you name it. I will buy myself a nice Christmas gift, check out the after holiday sales, etc. Tonight I will erase my Christmas ringtone from my phone too. I am keeping the house decor up because my family will come for dinner eventually and it just makes the house look so much better than normal. It'll be just plain dull with out it.
Christmas morning was nice. The girls got lots of nice things and lots of gift cards to spend on that mall trip we are taking soon. They have been playing with the Guitar Hero and Beatles Monopoly all day too. Their father has been helping them out with that. I can here them downstairs negotiating for the purchase of Penny Lane and Strawberry Fields Blvd. I will attempt to clean up the kitchen soon. Bob had gotten a turkey from Costco as a gift. I cooked it, made stuffing, mashed potatoes, veggies, etc. It was a damn decent meal if I do say so myself. Instead of a traditional grace before we ate, Bob and I told the girls how grateful we were for all that we have and have been given this year. The fact that he didn't have to work today, a warm and toasty home, good food, plenty of presents, etc. God has blessed us in so many ways. We all agreed that we were thankful for it all.
So that man in the red suit and white beard can just stay up in the North Pole for a year and good riddance I say. The snow can go too and not return for about another 20 years or so. I want to get on with life, talk to humans other than the ones I live with and face to face too. Hope that everyone had a Christmas to be thankful for and is ready for the new year. My wish for the New Year? A clear road outta here!

0 comments: