12.27.2008

Better than Christmas


I have a habit of being wide awake at around 4:00 a.m. I wait until Bob leaves at 5:00 and turn the news on in the bedroom. It helps me fall back to sleep sometimes, perhaps not always. Today it did and Riley crawled in with me. We slept late. I figured, why get up? To do what? I can't go anywhere, I have most of my big chores done, so lay in bed. I finally got out of bed after Bob called and said he would be home soon. Ri is hollering at me to look outside. Our street had been cleared!!!
The street clearing angels heard my fervent prayers last night. I did pray my guts out that it would warm up(it did) rain(not yet) not snow(it didn't) and that our street would get cleared(it did). Freedom at last! Bob called again and wanted to know what we needed from Costco. Oh happy day. We are having STEAKS for dinner, baked potatoes and salad. Grand... When he got home, he and Sid finished our driveway and cleared what fell off of my car from melting. My car is clean of snow as is my driveway. I have never been so happy to see pavement. I am way more excited about this than I was Christmas morning. Bob said that the rest of the 'hood isn't as clear so he will scout it out tomorrow for me, call me and give me a report. We are headed to Target as soon as possible. It's great too, I am holding over the girl's heads. If you don't clean your room and fold your laundry and unload the dishwasher we wont be able to go to Target... Hey, it's not mean, it's smart. How else are you going to get two kids to leave the Guitar Hero for a while and do chores??? Use what you got, that's what I say.
I just finished cutting Bob's hair. He is a human again. Handsome for sure, even if I do say so myself. He is happy now.
The mail even came after two days of no delivery. A package that I had ordered for the girls arrived in the mail, keeping Christmas going for a while longer.
So, the mood in the house is light and happy, like I like it. Really I do...

0 comments: