12.12.2008


Lots and lots of rain but no snow yet... There is about 2 feet in the mountains but nothing here. It may not happen but damn it's cold. Part of Bob's daily commute is to take a highway that is over Lake Washington or on Lake Washington, it is a floating bridge. There are two of them that you can take. Tonight on his way home a wave came up onto the bridge and completely drenched his truck. I was very glad to not be in his truck. I have a hard time with high elevation bridges or bridges on water or over water. There is the very high bridge over the bay in San Diego that takes you to Coronado Island. I could never ever drive on that bridge and I have to close my eyes when I am a passenger. I am okay driving on the floating bridges here when the lake is calm but a wave crashing up over my car would have sent me into a nervous breakdown. We are not sure if Bob will work next week or not, he doesn't know if he's been bumped yet. He informed me that his railroad Christmas party is next Friday in Seattle. It is a potluck and he asked if I would make chicken enchiladas. Here is the reasoning behind his request... A lot of the guys are single or are up here working and have families in another state. They exist on fast food and Bob thought that they would appreciate a home cooked dish. His other point was that those same guys would probably bring things like a bag of potato chips and a liter of Mountain Dew, so if there was to be edible food, Bob would save the day. He also said that it will be a "white elephant" gift exchange and they will do a game with it. Bob can't relate to any of this, when he was in construction and worked for a small company, the party was small and just for the office staff. I told him I would go to Rite Aid and get him a Chia Pet for his white elephant. Chia Pets are the go to white elephant, except for the Chia Herb Garden, that has some substance and seriousness to it. I can't imagine clipping some fresh basil for a pesto from a terra cotta Scooby Doo head.
Riley's band concert is Tuesday night, I am excited to watch her play her flute. It's been a while since she has had a concert. I think the last one was in May in California. They don't have as many performances up here. I shopped for some new concert clothes for her, she will be lookin' and soundin' fabulous and of course I will post a picture or two...
It is after midnight and as I look out the big window in front of me, a street light illuminates the falling rain. It is still rain, it hasn't started to fall from the sky in a frozen state yet, so that means it is still above freezing. Funny, I am freezing and my warm Tempurpedic bed of wonderfulness is beckoning me and begging me to sleep in on a cold and cloudy Saturday morning.

0 comments: