We were lucky enough to attend Riley's first concert. She has played the flute for two years now. She has to be at Sid's school an hour early three days a week for practice. When she attended her school in Calif. it was mandatory that each child play an instrument. Here in WA it is a choice and we strongly encouraged her and bought her a flute. I told her last night that these concerts mean even more to us because she does this voluntarily. Well let me tell you, the Jr. high jazz and concert bands rocked the house. I felt like I was at some sophisticated concert(if I shut my eyes and didn't see the school gym). The fifth and sixth grade bands did great. When you can tell what the song is that is a good thing. We are experts at this, having had two children play piano, violin and flute and watching countless recitals and concerts. It was cold tho... Everyone left their coats on during the concert. Lots of great Christmas lights on the way home from school.
We are having a snow day today. I woke up about 4:30 a.m. with a KILLER sinus headache and could not sleep. I turned on the news and after about 15 minutes they announced that our school district was closing today. We haven't had any measurable snow but it is due at anytime and that was the basis for the district's decision as it may become difficult for parents to pick up their kids in snowy weather. I think we may tackle sugar cookies today if Sid agrees to it. She doesn't want to be a part of the family any more. She is officially the teenager that your parents warn you about. We embarrass her and she would rather be with friends than us. She now resides solely in her bedroom and only appears to take in a meal. She informed us last night that the only reason she was going to the concert was to support her sister.
I now have the upper hand on the sinus headache. I have had a cold since Sunday. I think once the sinus crap leaves I will actually feel better.
Bob is home as well today. He got officially bumped yesterday. Because of the weather today he will not do Costco. Oh happy days... crabby teenager, chatty husband and you can figure out the rest.
I will upload some pictures of last night and some video as well.
12.17.2008
Snow Days, Flutes and Colds
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(187)
-
▼
December
(32)
- No title
- Highlights of 2008
- Prepare for '09- Shop now!
- Better than Christmas
- What day is it?
- Be On Your Way Santa
- A Brighter Outlook
- Merry Christmas
- Happy Birthday to you Dear Riley
- Be Careful What You Wish For
- Define Snow
- The Ghost of Christmas Past
- Cold and Snowy Day
- Riley's Winter Holiday Concert
- Riley
- Snow Days, Flutes and Colds
- Sore Throat vs. Self Inflicted Strangling
- Snowy Sunday
- This just in from the weather service
- Lots and lots of rain but no snow yet... There is ...
- Things are Speeding Up
- Being a Parent Means Being Fair
- Nothing Earth Shattering
- A Crafty Christmas
- New Technology
- Putting up the Lights
- Pearl Harbor
- Learning or Relearning
- A Day Just Like Any Other
- Blog in a Fog
- Yes, I woke this morning with a headache. What els...
- Happy First Day of December
-
▼
December
(32)
0 comments:
Post a Comment