"Snow is a type of precipitation in the form of crystalline water ice, consisting of a multitude of snowflakes that fall from clouds. The process of precipitation is called snowfall."
That is the official description of snow, in a scholarly way. Here is my description of snow... Pain in the ass. I am house bound. My street looks like those flash frozen chicken breasts that you get in a big bag at Costco. I was brave and did grocery shopping the other day and only slid once or twice. The streets in my 'hood is ten times worse than that now. Bob has been getting up early and going to work at Costco but he has 4 wheel drive and has only slid around a bit. He actually did grocery shopping after he left Costco yesterday. The news had been full of warnings of snow, full force winds, freezing rain, power outages, etc. Bob said it was a scene straight out of Armageddon. Everyone in Costco wanted a generator and there were none to be had. Costco had to have employees go out into the parking lot to direct traffic due to the amount of people and the amount of ice patches that were forcing cars to slide around at the hands of drivers with little or no intelligence. Then when he got to Safeway he could not park in the parking lot. It was FULL. He had to park in the strip mall next to the grocery store and walk. He said the shelves had vast expanse of emptiness. The lines to check out were wrapping around aisles. I must admit I was very glad that he was the one out there and grateful. I would have lost it. Really, nervous breakdown stuff. So we have tons of canned goods, bottled water and candles. Nothing has happened tho, we never did lose power. I didn't care if we did except that Bob and I both were very concerned about the coffee maker. It needs power to make the brew of life for us. That could have been a disaster...
I am looking outside as I type and I feel like I live inside a giant Snow Globe. The snow flakes are giant and swirly. The wind kicks up every so often, blowing snow off of the roofs and it looks like a blizzard in North Dakota for a few seconds.
I had to tell Riley today to be prepared for anything tomorrow. Her 11th birthday is tomorrow. We had big plans to go into downtown Bellevue for their big outdoor Christmas thing and to Red Robin for dinner. As of right now, between you and me, I don't see it happening. I told her that if for some reason her Birthday does not happen that we will make it up to her in a big way. Lucky for me, I have her gifts and card already. I just need some cake and ice cream. She was as okay with that as she could be and who could blame her.
We are at about 7 or 8 inches and counting. I don't remember it snowing for this long even when we lived in Kansas City. On the bright side, my house is becoming very tidy and my laundry is getting done.
12.21.2008
Define Snow
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(187)
-
▼
December
(32)
- No title
- Highlights of 2008
- Prepare for '09- Shop now!
- Better than Christmas
- What day is it?
- Be On Your Way Santa
- A Brighter Outlook
- Merry Christmas
- Happy Birthday to you Dear Riley
- Be Careful What You Wish For
- Define Snow
- The Ghost of Christmas Past
- Cold and Snowy Day
- Riley's Winter Holiday Concert
- Riley
- Snow Days, Flutes and Colds
- Sore Throat vs. Self Inflicted Strangling
- Snowy Sunday
- This just in from the weather service
- Lots and lots of rain but no snow yet... There is ...
- Things are Speeding Up
- Being a Parent Means Being Fair
- Nothing Earth Shattering
- A Crafty Christmas
- New Technology
- Putting up the Lights
- Pearl Harbor
- Learning or Relearning
- A Day Just Like Any Other
- Blog in a Fog
- Yes, I woke this morning with a headache. What els...
- Happy First Day of December
-
▼
December
(32)
0 comments:
Post a Comment