12.10.2008

Being a Parent Means Being Fair



Since I did such a bang up job on Riley's tree for her room, I had to give the same attention to Sid's tree. As you can tell by the photos it turned out great. She and I had fun painting ornaments together. I am glad that my teenager still likes me, she is a fun and funny person to be around. So both girls have pretty freakin' cute trees in their rooms. I am pretty much done with the decor on the house now and it just needs a good cleaning from top to bottom. I will work on that this weekend. I am listening to the 10:00 news and they are saying we are in a "storm watch" now. From what I can gather it is going to be cold and perhaps some snow. They are calling for 60 mile an hour wind gusts and three feet of snow in the mountains. Um, 60 mile an hour winds are like a breeze when you come from the High Desert of So. Cal.!!! This will be a good weekend to stay in and clean this place up. I will buy groceries tomorrow and hole up like a mole. Chatted with my sister tonight. She had a spectacular time in Las Vegas. She wasn't there very long and didn't sleep at all. She was there for a meeting, etc, for work and got to hang out with the Dodgers and other sports notoriety. I am so impressed with her and her job and love to brag about her. I know she works like a maniac but her job is really tailored to her and her personality. Sports, negotiations and all that. Plus she has the cutest daughter who happens to be my favorite niece.
Making plans for Riley's birthday. Will be forthcoming with those plans once we formulate them and confirm the date, etc...
Off to bed, will study a few pages of my cosmo book and then call it a night.

0 comments: